+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is LMO difficult to get from HRSDC?

ang3l

Jan 4, 2009
Hi BCguy,

I have an employer in BC, he's processing to get LMO for me for my PNP. How difficult it is to get LMO from HRSDC?

thanks!

ang3l

Jan 4, 2009
Web Designer (in the list of occupation under pressure) for BC.
How many weeks do you think it usually takes in BC?

I appreciate your response.

Thanks ;)

kayebee8

Jul 22, 2007
You do not need LMO for PNP. LMO is for temporary foreign workers only. PNP is for Permanent Residency, which you need to have a nomination certificate before you can apply for Residency.

ang3l

Jan 4, 2009
But, how can my Canadian employer hire me to work in BC. I think PNP is the easiest way, since I don't have relatives there, only friends.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are 2 ways to do PNP. One is get an LMO, get a temporary work permit, go to Canada, then apply for PR through PNP. The other is get AEO, use AEO to apply for PR through PNP before coming to Canada.

I think more employers prefer the first method because they don't want to waste their time with somebody who might not end up working in their company. If they get them as temporary workers first, they can make sure they want to keep them before they help them apply for PR. Since the TFW can't change employment while the PR application is in process, the employer also makes sure he keeps them around for at least that long.