+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it worth requesting GCMS ?

adhik

Jun 1, 2021
I applied for a study permit (Non -SDS) on April 19th and I really want to know what's going on with my application. As the IRCC has said that it would process the application by August 6 and given that GCMS takes 30-40 days to arrive is it worth requesting it at this stage?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Has your eligibility started? Has it been at least 1 week? If so, then you can order it. You'll likely get your decision before you get the notes, but at least you'd know what the Vo thought of your application.

adhik

Jun 1, 2021
Has your eligibility started? Has it been at least 1 week? If so, then you can order it. You'll likely get your decision before you get the notes, but at least you'd know what the Vo thought of your application.
It has been two months and the last update was "upfront medical passed" update on June 3, but the eligibility review hasn't even started yet. It could be the issue with the website or something I don't know.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
It has been two months and the last update was "upfront medical passed" update on June 3, but the eligibility review hasn't even started yet. It could be the issue with the website or something I don't know.
Not issue with website. Your eligibility hasn't started yet so no point in getting the notes now.

vede

Feb 3, 2021
Yes......If they refuse your application, you will know right away so that you can prepare for your next application ....plus it's cheap

dogmom

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021
After how many days to expect a decision if the eligibility has started?

Alpha_Wolf

Jun 9, 2021
I believe it depends on a LOT of factors. Your personal application merit, country of origin, country of application, blah blah.

We are living in weird times. My eligibility started on May 7th, medicals also passed (upfront) on May 10th and I am yet to hear!! On website the time is now 7 weeks. I am 10 weeks in. LOL

dogmom

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021
I believe it depends on a LOT of factors. Your personal application merit, country of origin, country of application, blah blah.

We are living in weird times. My eligibility started on May 7th, medicals also passed (upfront) on May 10th and I am yet to hear!! On website the time is now 7 weeks. I am 10 weeks in. LOL
Thank you! Hope you get the good news soon. :)

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
It's hard to say. I don't think there's a defined timespan. In my case, my eligibility started on 11th March and from my GCMS notes, I could see that my eligibility was completed and my application was approved on the 13th of March. I then got an ADR for PCC on the 16th of March, which I was only able to present in April and then I got PPR 3 days later. if I hadn't ordered my notes, I would not have known my eligibility took a mere 3 days.

Reactions: lamnt0702

dogmom

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021
It's hard to say. I don't think there's a defined timespan. In my case, my eligibility started on 11th March and from my GCMS notes, I could see that my eligibility was completed and my application was approved on the 13th of March. I then got an ADR for PCC on the 16th of March, which I was only able to present in April and then I got PPR 3 days later. if I hadn't ordered my notes, I would not have known my eligibility took a mere 3 days.
Submitted my application (second one) on 14th June and eligibility started on 16th June, background in process too. Scared.

Shmiler

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
I’m in the same boat as OP. Eligibility hasn’t started.
I applied on April 6 with biometrics done on April 20th.
I ordered GCMS notes on May 29th, figuring that eligibility review would start soon. Trying to mitigate against a 30 day delay if for some reason my application is refused. At this rate though I’ll get the notes with nothing on them unless eligibility starts immediately!

lamnt0702

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
I’m in the same boat as OP. Eligibility hasn’t started.
I applied on April 6 with biometrics done on April 20th.
I ordered GCMS notes on May 29th, figuring that eligibility review would start soon. Trying to mitigate against a 30 day delay if for some reason my application is refused. At this rate though I’ll get the notes with nothing on them unless eligibility starts immediately!
Me too (Non-SDS). Application submitted on 14th April with upfont medical taken, and Biometrics given on 19th April. It has been 2 months and I have not received the final decision.
I decided to order GCMS note on 18th June.

Reactions: Shmiler