+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it true?. that the draw selection criteria is based on CRS nd not on NOC'S?

boreda

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
My question is if they provide one pool, in that if all combination ppl come together ..then how come this is going to work out?

sumit.singh.hallan

Jan 2, 2015
Gurgaon, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE Profile Created - 20-01-2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
Completed. L-9.0 , R-8.5, W-7.0, S-7.0
LANDED..........
Pretty soon
boreda said:
clever,

So if a software as 400 score and medical as 380 ??/

What abt at that time?
Obviously software as 400 score unless there is surge in demand for medical.

The whole point of EE is to bring quality people in..

Let's say a NOC has 10 candidates all having CRS less than 300, I don't think even one of them will get an ITA unless there is a huge demand for that occupation because they are not equipped enough to be able to find a job in Canada

clever

Dec 13, 2014
boreda said:
clever,

So if a software as 400 score and medical as 380 ??/

What abt at that time?
first of all you must be eligible for federal skilled worker.for instance your skill type must be 0,A or B.Then it doesn't matter which noc code is yours.as to your question since a software engineer has more points than a health worker in this case a software engineer will be selected.

shrinivas1980

Oct 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess, it is going to be a NOC based selection.....if CIC is walking on the path of Australian PR system, mind you Australia has got OCCUPATION CEILINGS. At the end of the day, Canada wants professionals from all the fields and not only IT people or Mechanical Engineers. Guys no offence to any one/any profession. I respect all the professions.

ATB!

clever

Dec 13, 2014
shrinivas1980 said:
I guess, it is going to be a NOC based selection.....if CIC is walking on the path of Australian PR system, mind you Australia has got OCCUPATION CEILINGS. At the end of the day, Canada wants professionals from all the fields and not only IT people or Mechanical Engineers. Guys no offence to any one/any profession. I respect all the professions.

ATB!
if your thoughts were right then we would read that noc code is important under ee somewhere.i couldn't see noc code is important anywhere on the other hand i read POINTS are important everywhere.

shrinivas1980

Oct 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Clever!

But do u really think Canada will like to have only one type of brains all across the country? Can't be the case....might be wrong though.

sumit.singh.hallan

Jan 2, 2015
Gurgaon, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
Pretty soon
shrinivas1980 said:
Clever!

But do u really think Canada will like to have only one type of brains all across the country? Can't be the case....might be wrong though.
How can you conclude this?

I can understand that there are more applicants in IT but that doesn't mean that they will be top scorers as well.

That's a false assumption, I must say.

Statistically, CRS score will be evenly spread with minor deviations.

shrinivas1980

Oct 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sumit.singh.hallan said:

I can understand that there are more applicants in IT but that doesn't mean that they will be top scorers as well.

Sumit, I don't really deny your point.....but more are the number of applicants in a particular NOC, better will be the chances of applicants having higher points.

For an instance, I am a Chemical Technologist with score 350 (an assumption) & only applicant in my NOC. What if, say, out of 100 candidates (belonging to 2173) 75 applicants have 350+ score. In this case, don't you think Canada will have an oversupply of 2173 candidates?

SS1706

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2014
IELTS Request
sent with doc
sumit.singh.hallan said:

I agree with Shrinivas, suppose while issuing ITA their is NOC 2134 which has multiple requirement and best score is from 320 to 350 where as suppose in NOC the best scroes range from 450 to 400 then in my opinion based on the market ITA will be issued to NOC 2134 candidates also even though they are having less CRS score than 2172 stream candidates... which againtake me to the point that ITA will be issued based on market requirement and not only on CRS score....Still its a speculation

clever

Dec 13, 2014
do not think everyone with high points has same occupation.there are so many applicants with different occupations and only best applicants will be selected.

shrinivas1980

Oct 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clever said:
do not think everyone with high points has same occupation.there are so many applicants with different occupations and only best applicants will be selected.
Agree. But, most of the high scorers as can be seen on the spreadsheet belong to 2173/2172/2174....

shrinivas1980

Oct 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SS1706 said:
I agree with Shrinivas, suppose while issuing ITA their is NOC 2134 which has multiple requirement and best score is from 320 to 350 where as suppose in NOC the best scroes range from 450 to 400 then in my opinion based on the market ITA will be issued to NOC 2134 candidates also even though they are having less CRS score than 2172 stream candidates... which againtake me to the point that ITA will be issued based on market requirement and not only on CRS score....Still its a speculation
Thanks Swapnil. The same is the case of Australian PR, where Occupation Ceilings thing comes into picture......personally, I feel we should just wait n watch. Clever & Sumit can be correct or vice versa. I hope, everyone is taking this discussion sportingly.

boreda

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Ok...something is going in wrong way.. if 2173 NOC code requirements are totally filled up in canada labour market.. and still some ppl (2173) are there with best score and in same some other person like chemical engineer or mechanically engineer there.. so still 2173 NOC guys will get ITA?

clever

Dec 13, 2014
shrinivas1980 said:
Agree. But, most of the high scorers as can be seen on the spreadsheet belong to 2173/2172/2174....
you may be right but there are thousands of people who hasn't written their scores to the spreadsheet yet around the world.

sumit.singh.hallan

Jan 2, 2015
Gurgaon, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
Pretty soon
Let's cut to the chase.

Anyone having a higher CRS score has an advantage in the initial few draws.

Going forward NOC can be given a preference though.

But high scorers will definitely be the ones getting ITA initially irrespective of their NOC.