+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it true?. that the draw selection criteria is based on CRS nd not on NOC'S?

sumit.singh.hallan

Jan 2, 2015
Gurgaon, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE Profile Created - 20-01-2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
Completed. L-9.0 , R-8.5, W-7.0, S-7.0
LANDED..........
Pretty soon
boreda said:
But while filling the Express entry application ...we can find one option or dropdown NOC ..for which stream we are working as off now.

If CIC not consider the NOC ..then y all this code? Sorry i am just asking.
Because while processing your PR application after ITA, they need to see if you match against the NOC you have applied for..

Or in future if any demand for a particular NOC they may prioritize that particular one.

dp143

Jan 14, 2015
sumit.singh.hallan said:
Because while processing your PR application after ITA, they need to see if you match against the NOC you have applied for..

Or in future if any demand for a particular NOC they may prioritize that particular one.

As such, there is not any guideline from CIC so far on selection process ... these are our assumptions only.
So let us wait and watch ... and enjoy :)

Madddy116228

Jan 26, 2015
Madddy116228 said:
Now, we are talking abt getting ITA based on option 1 or option 2.

Lets talk abt Option 1 : all the candidates are ranked as per CRS and tops will get ITA.

What abt Option 2 ? when thats going to be?... how it will happen if they didnt consider NOC?..
Sumit.. answer this man...

sumit.singh.hallan

Jan 2, 2015
Gurgaon, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
Pretty soon
dp143 said:
As such, there is not any guideline from CIC so far on selection process ... these are our assumptions only.
So let us wait and watch ... and enjoy :)
Well believe me there are guidelines. I have extensively read about EE on CIC site particularly their FAQ.

sumit.singh.hallan

Jan 2, 2015
Gurgaon, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
Pretty soon
Madddy116228 said:
Sumit.. answer this man...
THere is going to be only option 1 for the initial draws.

sumit.singh.hallan

Jan 2, 2015
Gurgaon, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
Pretty soon
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-01.asp#35

SS1706

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2014
IELTS Request
sent with doc
Madddy116228 said:
Ok, just confirming what ever i heard is correct.
one can get ITA based on two scenarios.

1) having very good CRS nd we will get the ITA directly from Canada embassy.

2) Searched by employers and found as an eligible candidate and got the offer and then ITA.

right?
Dear All,

Well it is only 2 days to go , however since a thread with above topic is created, in my particular capacity I differ that only highest rank people will be invited becoz if CIC are going to follow Australian system, then ITA will be based on NOC demand with celing as they dont want oversupply of candidates from One stream.

Again it's all speculation!!!!!

concorde

Star Member
Jun 16, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-08-2016
Here's my opinion on the new EE System:

Yes CRS is a tool to further rank profiles already qualified under one of the 3 key economic programs, something which the older FSW system failed to do. All it adhered to was FIRST COME FIRST SERVED, provided you have fulfilled the 67/100 points requirement.

I don't really think it would be pragmatic on CIC's approach to only use CRS as a qualifying benchmark to issue ITAs. The 600 additional points if one has a PNP Nomination or a Job Offer with LMIA is a tool to expedite qualifying candidates who can start contributing to their economy from day one.

However, how about professions where licensing is mandatory? The chances for PNP are anyways trivial for obvious reasons for them, and how can employers offer them jobs without they having license, for example: Physicians, Engineers, Physios, Nurses, etc.

In my opinion, a more logical approach to issuing ITAs would be either of the following:
Release specifics before every draw stating what all occupations would be considered in a given draw (based on the labor market feedback) and establish sub-caps under every occupation.

Or they could make it an open pool but establishing a specific cap for every occupation code

Someone had mentioned before that CIC promised they would move away from the cap system so its not plausible for them to dictate any occupation list or caps. In response to that, yes, everyone is eligible to enter Express Entry Pool, but given how dynamic and volatile job market is, they have full right to control the specifics of the DRAW. They never said that they won't have any occupation list or caps for DRAWS, did they?

While I do believe the initial draw(s) would be based on CRS scores strictly, I do think every subsequent draw would act like an independent FSW program of the past (where they may have NOCs they would be targetting with individual cap). Draws without any preceding announcement would merely consider CRS scores. Whole point of introducing Express Entry system is not to do away with the NOCs, but to introduce much needed flexibility.

Imagine, in the beginning of the year, they highlight need for engineers and 6 months down, recession strikes and industry faces a slump, they couldn't alter anything in the previous system. With express entry, every draw presents new possibilities.

Again, these is my personal opinion arrived at by own experiences/calculations. Lets see what lies ahead.

sachinleo80

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
boreda said:
Really?

How could this possible sumit? Let me give one example. one person having NOC 2173 with score 400 and second person have NOC related to other 2281 and score 363.

In this case who will get ITA? and on what bases he will get?
Yes!! Correct!! The same is with NOC 4021 (College Teachers)... Basic requirement is Bachelor's degree and B.Ed...

In this case, no can score high as all the candidates with Master degree are working for NOC 4011 (University Professors!)... This will leave NOC 4021 very dry... :mad:

Hence the ITA should be according to the NOC with highest CRS... What you say guys??!!

boreda

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Guys Relax,

Just i am saying my way of thinking, If there is only one pool and all selected NOC's at one pool..then who will get what?

clever

Dec 13, 2014
boreda said:
Really?

How could this possible sumit? Let me give one example. one person having NOC 2173 with score 400 and second person have NOC related to other 2281 and score 363.

In this case who will get ITA? and on what bases he will get?
the higher points you have the more chance to get ita.POINTS are important not noc code.response to your question i can say the applicant having 400 points will get ita.