+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it really worth moving to Canada???????????????

tran

May 10, 2009
According to another website, Canada sounds like a bad choice
for immigration. What's the reality at ground zero?

Nicholas

Star Member
Aug 6, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just tp clarify, i did not say that one must be white and to have a degree from Canada, the U.S or the UK. I said that if you are not white and do not hold a degree from these countries, you would be at a disadvantage.

Canadian employers do not invest much in training. They like to employ people who have a proven track record in Canada. I'm Canadian and white and I'm in the same boat as most of you in that I do not have Canadian experience. Canadians themselves are very global in their thinking and travels but the business people are the opposite. For me it would be great if more Canadian businesses hired people with overseas experience as it would help those firms to do business in other countries.

The point I was trying to make is that most of you will have difficulties at first, some are not fair. The good news is that once you get settled things do fall in place for most.

joogle

Star Member
Apr 30, 2009
Nicholas said:
Just tp clarify, i did not say that one must be white and to have a degree from Canada, the U.S or the UK. I said that if you are not white and do not hold a degree from these countries, you would be at a disadvantage.

Canadian employers do not invest much in training. They like to employ people who have a proven track record in Canada. I'm Canadian and white and I'm in the same boat as most of you in that I do not have Canadian experience. Canadians themselves are very global in their thinking and travels but the business people are the opposite. For me it would be great if more Canadian businesses hired people with overseas experience as it would help those firms to do business in other countries.

The point I was trying to make is that most of you will have difficulties at first, some are not fair. The good news is that once you get settled things do fall in place for most.
Please don't glorify racism. Nobody can change skin color, so whether or not a particular color is preferred one has to be reborn and choose the preferred color. Last time I checked that was impossible.

What is possible is to work hard no matter what color you are. Remember in the past African-Americans were slaves there, now an African-American is the most powerful man in America and the world.

New2Canada

Mar 6, 2009
joogle said:
Please don't glorify racism. Nobody can change skin color, so whether or not a particular color is preferred one has to be reborn and choose the preferred color. Last time I checked that was impossible.

What is possible is to work hard no matter what color you are. Remember in the past African-Americans were slaves there, now an African-American is the most powerful man in America and the world.
Please read what Nicholas wrote again. He is not glorifying racism whatsoever. In fact, it is an honest piece of opinion.

chandan

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
I am moving to canada the same day that i receive my PR visa. My wife and children are ready too.
Nothing anyone says can stop us. Things are extremely moving fast for us here. The DMP sent our
medical results last week, I just checked my online status and it says: 'Decision Made'.
Medicals results have been received, a decision has been made, the office will contact you with the , etc.

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010
Great ,keep up the spirit and go on chipping at your target.Leave the rest to GOD.The decision to go to canada has been made.That is precisely the reason why we are in this forum.I hope i summed it up.

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys

i think this topic has been discussed many times in the forum. so let's give it a rest. penpal is absolutely right. we all want to go there and have a future there. so stop thinking negatively and leave the rest on Almighty. every thing will work out fine.

boss2009

Star Member
Oct 17, 2009
Look guys ,

I am not discouraging anyone , we all are here to apply for imm. only.
But it is wrong to go with to big expectations ( they are not waiting for u with garlands ! )

It is a hard life out there, better be ready for it.
Good luck to everyone

Yarla7bh

Sep 12, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 23, 2009
AOR Received.
May 06, 2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
Aug 04, 2010. NY
Med's Request
Oct 26, 2010
Med's Done....
Dec 09, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Very Interesting Thread...!!
I would like to add my 2cents.

In simple words anyone willing to Immigrate to canada would do
that based on 2 very Important criteria:

1. Push Factors --- Factors Pushing you OUT from your present Location to Canada.
2. Pull Factors --- Factors Pulling you INTO Canada

Examples of Common Push Factors:
a. I do not like the place where i live.
b. I do not like the Education System of my region where my kids are studying.
c. I do not like the amount of money i am making.
d. I do not want to live in a developing/3rd World country.
e. I do not like the Corruption around me.
f. I do not like the social inequality and do not want to raise my kids in this environment.
g. I do not like the Pollution (air, water, noise), traffic congestion and quality of life.
h. I do not like the type of government(dictatorship,anarchy,un-democratic) in my region.
i. I do not like the healthcare and infrastructure in my region.
j. I do not think i will like to retire here.
....and many many more..............

Examples of common PULL Factors:
a. Canada is a democratic, developed country.
b. Educational system is one of the best in the world for kids.
c. Healthcare system is efficient and free.
d. I will love to raise my children in a developed nation.
e. I can make a lot of money in Canada.
f. I would love to retire in canada which has Social benefits/schemes.
g. There are a lot of jobs in Canada.
h. I am a doctor/engineer/lawyer/professor and i can settle better in my profession in Canada coz its developed nation.
...and many many more............

We all know our "PUSH FACTORS" but the real CHALLENGE is to Confirm the PULL Factors which are attracting each of
us to Canada are accurate personal assumptions.

If YOUR PULL Factors are wrong assumptions and not based on FACTS.........then GET REAL by researching and exploring
for the Information........!! Stay informed to avoid unpleasant surprises.

Canada is a great country.....It has great opportunities to offer and equal set of challenges for new-comers.....!!

As wisely said by someone "TO BE INFORMED IS TO EMPOWER YOURSELF"

Good Luck to all.

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010
Nice post,Yarla.You hv summed it up beautifully.

V

vbond007

Posts by boss2009 & Yarla7bh are really excellent. I too don't discourage people here, but the people who are over-optimistic (actually without any logic, just on the basis of over-heard talks) should understand that whatever the decision taken in life, can be proved to be right or wrong in the long run, say after 10 years stay in Canada, u can visualize ur past 10 years and decide. How can u pre-decide it before actually getting landed there? So without facing actual situation, one cannot afford to be either over-positive or over-negative. I have seen many people in Canada who have only one wish - to move to US after 3 years, being a citizen. Besides there are lot of people in US, who dream of Canada. So don't jump to any conclusion about Canada of being Heaven or Hell.

But I would request 'tans' to tell me the website 'According to which, Canada sounds like a bad choice
for immigration.' Thanks in advance.

V

vbond007

I think posts by Amidala, aspire, minus360 & canadaforall are really neutral and giving valuable thoughts. But people like Chandan, domingo, sanjeevindia, SJ2009 & penpal should think twice before posting biases, absurd & useless personal feelings.

Nicholas

Star Member
Aug 6, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Many of us also have what we call our "comfort zones" and that means we are comfortable where we are but we do know that life could be better in Canada, but we know there are risks involved.

When I was 26 I moved to Asia and didn't think twice about it. I had a good job offer in Hong Kong and it took me a matter of weeks to start my new life. Now at the age of 47 and with a couple of kids, making a move back to my home country involves a great amount of risks, and it's not easy for me to move out of my comfort zone.

In regards to racism in Canada, sure it exists and whites do not have a monopoly on racism. If I'm a white guy trying to find a job as a cleaner at Edmonton's International Airport, it would be better if I was Indian. If I wanted to work as a cleaner in another place it would be better if I was Chilian. Why? Simply because the owners of some companies hire people of their own ethnic background. As for gangs, one can easily see that most are made up of people from certain ethnic groupls. There are Vietnamese gangs, Cambodian gangs and Indian gangs, and many of these groups do not get along.

I once had a friend from India, and I asked her once if she felt discrimminated in Canada, and she replied that "If you think people are racists, then you will feel it".

Canadians are easy people to make friends with. We like to get along with people. Make the most of things and look for the best in people. I know it sounds simplistic, but give it a try.