+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to obtain Canada work permit without LMIA while on H1B in US?

nuniq

Feb 17, 2024
Hi All,

I am currently working in USA under H1B visa as an Electrical Engineer. Recently I started looking to move to Canada & gave few Job interviews in tech companies. All of them are saying they can't help with work permit & I need to obtain it myself. I am seeing i would need a valid job offer & plus LMIA to apply for work permit in Canada. Does anyone have any similar experience? Can anyone give me any suggestion or advice on this?

Thanks,
-nuniq

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All,

I am currently working in USA under H1B visa as an Electrical Engineer. Recently I started looking to move to Canada & gave few Job interviews in tech companies. All of them are saying they can't help with work permit & I need to obtain it myself. I am seeing i would need a valid job offer & plus LMIA to apply for work permit in Canada. Does anyone have any similar experience? Can anyone give me any suggestion or advice on this?

Thanks,
-nuniq
You need a valid job offer with LMIA to apply for closed work permit. Employer files for LMIA proving no Canadian/PR has the experience/education to do the job, only you. Many companies will not go through the LMIA process.

Reactions: nuniq

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth