+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to hold a work permit and study permit at the same time?

jwb2

Jan 28, 2010
I am currently in Canada on an open work permit and was wondering if I apply for a study permit and am approved for one would my work permit still be valid? Are you allowed to hold both at the same time?
Thanks for your help

bogdan.o

Apr 6, 2015
jwb2 said:
I am currently in Canada on an open work permit and was wondering if I apply for a study permit and am approved for one would my work permit still be valid? Are you allowed to hold both at the same time?
Thanks for your help
Hi jwb2,

I am quite in a similar situation and am seeking your advice. I posses a BOWP and am planning to going back to school this fall. There is a need for my to apply for a study permit but I want to make sure that it will not invalidate my BOWP. My lawyer told me that I can not have to permits concurrently while two CIC call center agents told me that it was a regular situation and both permits will be valid until the expiry date. Further more, one friend of my is not PGWP and just got a new Study Permit approved and his PGWP seems to be valid. Did you apply for both permits and have them both valid concurrently?

Best Regards,
Bogdan