+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to get a study permit within Canada these days?

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
Hello,

I am on my friend's behave of asking this question.
I told her it will be ok to switch from a visitor visa to a student visa within Canada since I have done it before.
However, she told me she heard someone who has tried to extend the visa as a student was refused twice.
What are some of the possible reasons that CIC won't issue a student visa in this case?

Has anyone succeeded in applying for a visa extension (from a visitor to a student) recently? Can you please share with me your experience?

Thank you!

rohan555

Oct 7, 2017
You cannot apply for a Study Permit from within Canada. Only exceptions are for spouses of Work and Study Permit holders. Everyone else needs to apply from their country of residence and renter Canada with the Study Visa Endorsed in their passports from the High Commision of their place of residence.

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
You cannot apply for a Study Permit from within Canada. Only exceptions are for spouses of Work and Study Permit holders. Everyone else needs to apply from their country of residence and renter Canada with the Study Visa Endorsed in their passports from the High Commision of their place of residence.
I applied for a study permit within Canada before. (two years ago)