+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to extend PGWP online instead of in paper due to COVID?

awadomar

Feb 16, 2021
I studied a 2-year master's degree and hence I'm entitled to have a 3-year PGWP. I got my PGWP for 1 year due to my passport expiring in July 11, 2021. I applied to renew my passport before I apply but got delayed due to COVID. But anyway, I'd like to renew my PGWP. It's written on the IRCC website that PGWP extensions can be done only through paper applications. Did anything change due to COVID? Is it possible now to apply for the extension online?

Note: I'm not talking about the new public policy: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students/pgwp-extend.html

If the PGWP online extension is possible, do I apply as if it's my first time to apply to PGWP? (If I indicate that I'm currently a worker and not a student in Canada, the system is asking me for an LMIA which a PGWP holder shouldn't need).

For anyone who successfully extended their PGWP, please state how did you apply (online/paper), when did you apply and the processing time.

Thanks!

omarawad

Jul 1, 2018
Hi, im just wondering what happened to your application? Were you able to file an application to extend your PGWP online?
Yes, I applied online for the extension the same way I applied the first time and included a LOE. I got the approvement in around 2 months.