+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it ok to have 2 IRCC CIC accounts, one with express entry profile (not invited) and another one with PNP PR application linked

dani83

Feb 15, 2023
I had an IRCC CIC account that I used with the Canadian interac sign-in partner to login. This account has my current Express Entry profile (not invited, just sitting there) and the information of my previous temporary work permit applications (which were approved).

I then received an invitation for PNP (non-express entry) and I applied, and I just received the AOR with an email asking me to link the application to my CIC account.

However, I misunderstood the instructions and created another IRCC CIC account (I signed up using GCKey username and password), and I linked my application to this second IRCC CIC account. (I though I had to have an account specifically for the PNP PR application, separated from the previous account)

Is there any problem in doing that? Should I delete the express entry profile from the first account and re-create it on my second account (which is the one with my PR application)? Or I shouldn't bother, since I am just keeping the express entry profile just in case, since I don't have enough points and I doubt I will ever be invited, and the PNP PR process is going quite well for now.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I had an IRCC CIC account that I used with the Canadian interac sign-in partner to login. This account has my current Express Entry profile (not invited, just sitting there) and the information of my previous temporary work permit applications (which were approved).

I then received an invitation for PNP (non-express entry) and I applied, and I just received the AOR with an email asking me to link the application to my CIC account.

However, I misunderstood the instructions and created another IRCC CIC account (I signed up using GCKey username and password), and I linked my application to this second IRCC CIC account. (I though I had to have an account specifically for the PNP PR application, separated from the previous account)

Is there any problem in doing that? Should I delete the express entry profile from the first account and re-create it on my second account (which is the one with my PR application)? Or I shouldn't bother, since I am just keeping the express entry profile just in case, since I don't have enough points and I doubt I will ever be invited, and the PNP PR process is going quite well for now.
No there is no issues in having two accounts. Don’t worry about it . Just to let you know that you can apply two PR applications under different categories. You can apply express entry( CEC) and Non express entry PR application at same time .

Reactions: dani83

dani83

Feb 15, 2023
No there is no issues in having two accounts. Don’t worry about it . Just to let you know that you can apply two PR applications under different categories. You can apply express entry( CEC) and Non express entry PR application at same time .
Thank you for the response and for the information!