+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is it OK to delete some of my work experience before ITA?

pls-answer

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
It has been a couple of months since I submitted my EE profile,
and now I realized that I want to delete some of my work experience which
contributes to the very beginning of my work history because
even though I exclude it, I am still qualified for EE application.

The reason for deleting it is because it is a part-time job, and
its employer is a different person from my current employer.

Thanks for any help.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada

Thanks for any help.
If you have not yet received an ITA, then go ahead and delete it. After ITA, you can show it in your Personal History.

Reactions: pls-answer

pls-answer

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
If you have not yet received an ITA, then go ahead and delete it. After ITA, you can show it in your Personal History.
Thanks, it was really helpful,

By the way, I have one more question about 'the submitted date' of my EE profile.
Why doesn't this change at all? because

Now that I have deleted this part of my whole work experience in Canada,
I was thinking the date I became eligible for applying for PR should also change.

Now I do not this piece of experience, but back then I needed it in order to be qualified for EE.
But as you see, I do not have an ITA yet, so should be alright?

OR SHOULD I JUST WITHDRAW IT AND SUBMIT A NEW EE PROFILE?
Please help!

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada

By the way, I have one more question about 'the submitted date' of my EE profile.

I was thinking the date I became eligible for applying for PR should also change.

Now I do not this piece of experience, but back then I needed it in order to be qualified for EE.

Please help!
Sorry, didn't get your query.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017

Please help!
Submission date didn't change because you have updated it not re created it. If you are still meeting Minimum Entry Criteria (MEC) 67 points then your profile is valid. If you are expecting an ITA based on your current CRS score in near future then you will have priority over new applicants at same CRS score in case you tie with them at CRS Cut Off score in a draw. So having an OLD profile is a good thing to have and if you withdraw and recreate the profile you will lose this privilege. Your profile is valid for one year, after that you have to recreate your profile and you will have a new submission date. You can update as many times as you want before ITA if you can maintain MEC 67 points. For any UPDATE if you fall below this 67 points your profile will automatically be rejected by the system and you have to create a new one. From your post I can assume that your profile is still valid and active after the change you have made in the work history. That means you are still eligible for EE.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

lebasi83

May 26, 2018

Thanks for any help.
HI!! I am in the same situation as I am not sure if me and my partner will be able to get the experience letters from all companies. I have NOT been invited yet and I deleted the work experience that is not giving me points. I took off some of my partner's ones even though they were skilled works but not sure if he could get the experience letters. He did not give me much points so I think I should be fine. Plus my nominee in my province has been approved. Can you please let me know how long it takes to get the work experience as transmitted instead of updated? Thanks in advance.

Ltr18

Feb 19, 2020
HI!! I am in the same situation as I am not sure if me and my partner will be able to get the experience letters from all companies. I have NOT been invited yet and I deleted the work experience that is not giving me points. I took off some of my partner's ones even though they were skilled works but not sure if he could get the experience letters. He did not give me much points so I think I should be fine. Plus my nominee in my province has been approved. Can you please let me know how long it takes to get the work experience as transmitted instead of updated? Thanks in advance.
Hi!! How it went? I am on the same boat! Did you get PR?