+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it OK to add my husband to my application after AOR?

notfar12

Feb 8, 2017
Hi everyone,

Here is my situation:
I submitted my PR application in Jan 2017 (PNP stream). I'm the principal applicant and I only included my son and my self in the application. My husband would come to Canada later in the way of spouse sponsor till I settle down.
But now I realize it may take a long time and need to prepare complicated materials to sponsor a spouse. And we plan to have a second child in the coming one or two years. So we change our mind and he would accompany me to Canada at the very beginning.

Now my medical exam has passed and the background check has changed from NS to NN.

My question is: Is it OK for me to add my husband in my application at the current stage? If yes, what should I do? To state the situation through the IRCC webform? Would that possibly result in a rejection?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

jwahba

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I highly suggest that you don't add him now. All your points calculations were based that your husband is not immigrating with you. Adding him at this stage might complicate your case and cic might even consider you misrepresenting yourself. My advice is to get your pr solely, then sponsor your husband. I think spouse sponsorship became faster and easier recently. You still might want to modify your application but it's risky and if I were you I wouldn't have done so.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I wouldn't recommend you add your husband now. CIC will consider it as misrepresentation.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
notfar12 said:
Hi everyone,

Here is my situation:
I submitted my PR application in Jan 2017 (PNP stream). I'm the principal applicant and I only included my son and my self in the application. My husband would come to Canada later in the way of spouse sponsor till I settle down.
But now I realize it may take a long time and need to prepare complicated materials to sponsor a spouse. And we plan to have a second child in the coming one or two years. So we change our mind and he would accompany me to Canada at the very beginning.

Now my medical exam has passed and the background check has changed from NS to NN.

My question is: Is it OK for me to add my husband in my application at the current stage? If yes, what should I do? To state the situation through the IRCC webform? Would that possibly result in a rejection?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ok here we go.
1. Are you an Ontario Human priorities applicant? if yes
2. Did you recheck how many basic CRS points (without 600 PNP points) would you have with your husband? is it less than 400?
3. If both answers above are yes, then adding him as accompanying now, will cost you your PNP nomination and ITA as well.
4. If however you have PNP from a different Ontario stream or from a different province and if points with your husband are still above 400, then you are good to go.

Anyway when adding him back, prepare very clear explanation, why was he left out of application (non accompanying) and why all of a sudden he wants to go to Canada with you.

notfar12

Feb 8, 2017
jwahba said:
I highly suggest that you don't add him now. All your points calculations were based that your husband is not immigrating with you. Adding him at this stage might complicate your case and cic might even consider you misrepresenting yourself. My advice is to get your pr solely, then sponsor your husband. I think spouse sponsorship became faster and easier recently. You still might want to modify your application but it's risky and if I were you I wouldn't have done so.
Thanks, jwahba, your analysis is convincing.

notfar12

Feb 8, 2017
vensak said:
Ok here we go.
2. Did you recheck how many basic CRS points (without 600 PNP points) would you have with your husband? is it less than 400?
3. If both answers above are yes, then adding him as accompanying now, will cost you your PNP nomination and ITA as well.
4. If however you have PNP from a different Ontario stream or from a different province and if points with your husband are still above 400, then you are good to go.

Anyway when adding him back, prepare very clear explanation, why was he left out of application (non accompanying) and why all of a sudden he wants to go to Canada with you.
Dear vensak, thank you very much for your detailed analysis!

I'm in the SINP stream, nominated by Saskatchewan. When I applied for SINP, my husband was included. So I got the nomination from Saskatchewan with my husband in the application.
I didn't realize that including or excluding him would affect my score. With or without him, my score is below 400 (without 600 SINP points).

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
notfar12 said:
Dear vensak, thank you very much for your detailed analysis!

I'm in the SINP stream, nominated by Saskatchewan. When I applied for SINP, my husband was included. So I got the nomination from Saskatchewan with my husband in the application.
I didn't realize that including or excluding him would affect my score. With or without him, my score is below 400 (without 600 SINP points).
Then keep him in. Getting PR is not the same as deciding to live in Canada. He can go there for a visit, get PR card and still work for some time outside. And only later he can come in with you.
That is much, much, much easier than sponsorship later. Not to mention that you would trigger lot of questions, why did not he want to get PR as family now and why suddenly is he interested later.

notfar12

Feb 8, 2017
vensak said:
Then keep him in. Getting PR is not the same as deciding to live in Canada. He can go there for a visit, get PR card and still work for some time outside. And only later he can come in with you.
That is much, much, much easier than sponsorship later. Not to mention that you would trigger lot of questions, why did not he want to get PR as family now and why suddenly is he interested later.
Actually this is my second application for PR. My first application was canceled as incomplete as my husband's police certificate from an African country is not provided. It's hard to get the PC in some African countries, especially when he is not there right now. That's the most important reason why I exclude him when I apply this time hoping that maybe his overseas PC is not needed in this way. But actually it is needed all the same. I knew I had to try my best or my way to Canada would end here. Then, through a lot of effort, I got the PC finally.

It's sad and complicated story. Thanks for listening, vensak

I'm not sure how to explain the whole situation clearly to the VO. Can you give me some insights?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
notfar12 said:
Actually this is my second application for PR. My first application was canceled as incomplete as my husband's police certificate from an African country is not provided. It's hard to get the PC in some African countries, especially when he is not there right now. That's the most important reason why I exclude him when I apply this time hoping that maybe his overseas PC is not needed in this way. But actually it is needed all the same. I knew I had to try my best or my way to Canada would end here. Then, through a lot of effort, I got the PC finally.

It's sad and complicated story. Thanks for listening, vensak

I'm not sure how to explain the whole situation clearly to the VO. Can you give me some insights?
That is the thing, for your spouse be it accompanying or non accompanying you still need all PCC.
But what you can do is to provide evidence that you are really trying to get that police certificate. And yes, it may include going to that country in person (my husband had to fly to his country just for his PCC from there).
But if for some reason they will refuse to issue one, or they will put you on delay, you need to provide your application as a proof and communication where you requested it and where they put you on hold.

Add him back to your application and explain in a best way, why you put him down (if you have proof of how difficult was it to obtain that PCC even better, you can add that to your explanation). Immigration officers are humans, and with your story they might find it naive, but then again acceptable reason (especially if you have SINP nomination, then it is obvious, that you were not playing around with your CRS).

good luck

notfar12

Feb 8, 2017
vensak said:
That is the thing, for your spouse be it accompanying or non accompanying you still need all PCC.
But what you can do is to provide evidence that you are really trying to get that police certificate. And yes, it may include going to that country in person (my husband had to fly to his country just for his PCC from there).
But if for some reason they will refuse to issue one, or they will put you on delay, you need to provide your application as a proof and communication where you requested it and where they put you on hold.

Add him back to your application and explain in a best way, why you put him down (if you have proof of how difficult was it to obtain that PCC even better, you can add that to your explanation). Immigration officers are humans, and with your story they might find it naive, but then again acceptable reason (especially if you have SINP nomination, then it is obvious, that you were not playing around with your CRS).

good luck
Thank you, vensak! I wrote an explanation letter and sent it through IRCC webform today asking if I could add him. Wish me good luck!

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
notfar12 said:
Thank you, vensak! I wrote an explanation letter and sent it through IRCC webform today asking if I could add him. Wish me good luck!
good luck

notfar12

Feb 8, 2017
vensak said:
good luck
Thanks vensak!

I got an email form IRCC today asking me to provide some additional forms in order to add my spouse to my application.

Hope this would help someone who has the same doubts.

arav1lize2

May 23, 2017
Ok here we go.

HI, there
i have same kind of question, I have applied for Ontario PNP and recently received the notification. but i have declared myself married but said my husband is not accompaining with me.

but now i want to include my husband also we have some plans to extend our family.

please provide me some suggestions

Hope_1212

May 8, 2019
HI, there
i have same kind of question, I have applied for Ontario PNP and recently received the notification. but i have declared myself married but said my husband is not accompaining with me.

but now i want to include my husband also we have some plans to extend our family.

please provide me some suggestions
Hi...can you let me know your progress in application post adding spouse to accompany...i wish to do the same soon..thanks