+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it normal that they run a lengthy background check for a visitor visa??????

SaminehBagheri

Jun 23, 2016
Is it normal that they run a lengthy background check for a visitor visa??????
Please share your knowledge about this issue. I am very worried about my VISA process. It already took 3 times longer than the estimated processing time and they do not give any proper answer why

Hansi89

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi SaminehBagheri, where have you applied from? When did you apply? I'm also waiting for my husbands TRV, applied in the UK, online form. service standard is 2 weeks.. but 2 weeks has passed 3 times now!

SaminehBagheri

Jun 23, 2016
I am living in Germany and applied on 13.June. Whenever I checked the processing time was always 8 days or less. The last update which happend just yesterday stilll shows 8 days.

I find it discriminative and actually a way to fool us to get all the money but doing nothing. I have spent about 2000 Euros on the conference fee, ticket, VISA application and so on and none of them are refundable. It means if they do not give the VISA in the following week I have to assume that I put 2000 Euros on fire. But they do not care at all.
If the processing time is strongly dependent on my nationality, skin color and so on then they should ask it in advance and give a realistic number of days, then I could decide wether apply or not and not spend this much money, and tolerating stress for something which is not even worth it.

Jasdir

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
I also applied applied for TRV,
Website says that it will take 24 days.
But somebody here on this forum told me that it can even take months.

All I think is that all it depends on Luck.. loll

Hansi89

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes i understand, also for the UK it's 8 days but also it's an estimate, so we guessed it's going to take about 2-3 weeks, but we are nearing 6 weeks now and still nothing! we also paid a lot of money!! it's getting very stressful now, i don't even want to talk about the holiday until the visa is approved!
i guess they will definitely check the travel history, previous visa's and submitted docs and that will take time. i hope you get yours soon!