+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it misrepresentation?

backendcode

Apr 18, 2014
Guelph
Hello guys, I applied for US visitor visa in dec 2011 and officer gave me 221(g) yellow slip and saying further administration processing needed and said me they will
Contact me once it finished. And after that they never contacted me. I still can check my online US visa status and it still saying your US visa case is undergoing administration processing and once it finished we will
Contact you which means my US visa never rejected? Rite
Because when I filled my CEC application I said no to refusals of visa to any country.

Because I recently got my GCMS notes in which they mentioned match
Found : aliases Under info sharing section with partner : usa

I cant figure out what is that

If anyone can help me, it would be great

Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
is the name you used on the US visa application in anyway different from the name you used on your CIC application?

"alias" means a different name from the official name.

backendcode

Apr 18, 2014
Guelph
jes_ON said:
is the name you used on the US visa application in anyway different from the name you used on your CIC application?

"alias" means a different name from the official name.
Hello, thanks for your reply and yes I used the same name on my US application as well which was the name on my passport.

Thanks again

backendcode

Apr 18, 2014
Guelph
Actually, in U.S. Visa application I had my first name and last name but in canada ( immigration documents) they use my full Name ( first name and last ) as last name so in Canadian official documents I don't have first name and I filled the CEC application according to my Canadian immigration documents.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
backendcode said:
Hello guys, I applied for US visitor visa in dec 2011 and officer gave me 221(g) yellow slip and saying further administration processing needed and said me they will
Contact me once it finished. And after that they never contacted me. I still can check my online US visa status and it still saying your US visa case is undergoing administration processing and once it finished we will
Because when I filled my CEC application I said no to refusals of visa to any country.

Thanks
No, thats not a misrepresentation. When I applied for USA visa back in 2011, I was also given yellow slip and was told the exact same. after one year I received an email from US Consulate Toronto that the checks are done please bring your passport for finalization. During that one year period I sent them couple of emails to get an update.

You should email US Consulate and ask for an update, Its been already 04 years your file in process.

backendcode

Apr 18, 2014
Guelph
alijumani said:
No, thats not a misrepresentation. When I applied for USA visa back in 2011, I was also given yellow slip and was told the exact same. after one year I received an email from US Consulate Toronto that the checks are done please bring your passport for finalization. During that one year period I sent them couple of emails to get an update.

You should email US Consulate and ask for an update, Its been already 04 years your file in process.
Thanks a lot, but today I saw the yellow slip again which was given by officer and it says notice of suspension,221(g), further review needed

Your application for non immigrants visa has been refused under section 221g of the immigration and nationality acts. Additional administrative processing is required on your case which must be completed.

We will inform you of the results of this additional processing by email.

I never get an email from them and I also tried to contact them and they didn't reply and I also check my online status it still saying administrative processing is still Undergoing

I am worried about this slip now because it says your application is refused and need further review

Can you please help me on this ?

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
backendcode said:
Thanks a lot, but today I saw the yellow slip again which was given by officer and it says notice of suspension,221(g), further review needed

Your application for non immigrants visa has been refused under section 221g of the immigration and nationality acts. Additional administrative processing is required on your case which must be completed.

We will inform you of the results of this additional processing by email.

I never get an email from them and I also tried to contact them and they didn't reply and I also check my online status it still saying administrative processing is still Undergoing

I am worried about this slip now because it says your application is refused and need further review

Can you please help me on this ?
Yes, that is not a refusal chill. I still remember the visa officer words; "Unfortunately, you have to go through the additional background checks it may take from 4 weeks to 4 years. That yellow slip does not means that your application is refused wait for our email." and then upon ask the visa officer even shows me the pink slip and told me that is for rejection.

Hope this helps. Even though my whole interview was like hardly 3 minutes but I took 5 more minutes of his time to understand what yellow slip and pink slip is.

Edit: As far as my understanding are and based on that visa officer's explanation if applicant gets yellow slip that means they have satisfied the visa officer but still have to go through from additional background checks.

backendcode

Apr 18, 2014
Guelph
alijumani said:
Yes, that is not a refusal chill. I still remember the visa officer words; "Unfortunately, you have to go through the additional background checks it may take from 4 weeks to 4 years. That yellow slip does not means that your application is refused wait for our email." and then upon ask the visa officer even shows me the pink slip and told me that is for rejection.

Hope this helps. Even though my whole interview was like hardly 3 minutes but I took 5 more minutes of his time to understand what yellow slip and pink slip is.

Edit: As far as my understanding are and based on that visa officer's explanation if applicant gets yellow slip that means they have satisfied the visa officer but still have to go through from additional background checks.
Thanks a lot Ali, I really appreciate your words but if it possible if u can send me pic of your yellow slip ? By hiding all personal information from it or if u can send me exact wording written on it . I am still
Worrying but I also trust u :)

Thanks

kingmourya

Mar 28, 2014

Thanks
Am in the similar situation. Can you please tell me if you cleared your CEC application?

GV1992

Dec 4, 2022
Hello All,
I was issued a 221 G Yellow slip for B1/B2 Visa for the USA, But finally got approved after submitting additional documents I have not declared it as a refusal on my EE PR Application. Now I am worried a lot because How IRCC will consider this? Should I submit a web form or It's not a problem? Please reply. Thanks

Apr 17, 2024
Hello All,
I was issued a 221 G Yellow slip for B1/B2 Visa for the USA, But finally got approved after submitting additional documents I have not declared it as a refusal on my EE PR Application. Now I am worried a lot because How IRCC will consider this? Should I submit a web form or It's not a problem? Please reply. Thanks
Hello, I am exactly on the same boat.
May I know if you finally got the PR without declaring about the 221g ?
I just submitted webform to declare it but I am afraid it is too late for me…
Hope you will reply me with your PR :(