+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IS IT MENDATORY TO MENTION SIR NAME IN APPLICATION FOR CANADA PR

raviaren

Oct 28, 2009
ACTUALLY in my passport in the column of name my name is ravikumar and surname column
is empty. as i have to apply for canada pr. my consultant said that you have to alter pass port
and add your sir name in it because we cannot leave sirname space empty in the application from.

I want to ask is it mendatory that i have to mention sir name in application form.

doc28

Oct 18, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think surname is required. u ve to get ur name changed on ur passport. do it fast then apply for immigration. well this is wat i know i may b wrong. u can check with another consultant.

Yarla7bh

Sep 12, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 23, 2009
AOR Received.
May 06, 2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
Aug 04, 2010. NY
Med's Request
Oct 26, 2010
Med's Done....
Dec 09, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
raviaren said:
ACTUALLY in my passport in the column of name my name is ravikumar and surname column
is empty. as i have to apply for canada pr. my consultant said that you have to alter pass port
and add your sir name in it because we cannot leave sirname space empty in the application from.

I want to ask is it mendatory that i have to mention sir name in application form.
Surname also called as Last name is MANDATORY.
What is your actual Surname, if you have one? If you do not have any surname then its a different case, you can explain it to the CIC if asked.
But CORRECT your passport if the name is not mentioned correctly in it..it will be a simple 1-2month time taking process.
Moving forward it should not create problems.........coz as u know all your last names should match in all your documents - passport, educational cert, marriage cert, bank statements, experience cert, etc...........Inconsistency in name is a big problem....

thayyib

Star Member
Jan 23, 2009
Hi,

Its OK if you dont have SURNAME, as particularly in south India, there is no culture of Surname. I had the same issue, I dont hav a surname, but while applying for passport long back, I just expanded my Initials (which is actually my father's name) and my daughters dont hav a Surname and 'Empty' space in the surname field in their passport.

There is no issue while applying for the PR, but they will just take one of your first name and put it in the 'Surname' in their record, which is fine. If you want to add a surname in your passport and other records, you can do, not a big hasstle. You need to prepare a 'Affidavit' through a advocate and publish in a couple of leading newspaper and then apply for the change of name process.

if you have time todo it, better do it before applying to NS. if you have already applied to NS, just relax nothing to worry.

cheers