+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it legal to courier PR Cards outside Canada ?

Sunny_CV

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Hi Seniors,

Please let me know if it is legal to courier PR cards outside Canada. I recently did my landing formalities and at the airport, officer told me to apply for PRTD if you plan to come back in Canada . You can't courier or ask someone to take out PR cards in person outside Canada.

Looking for your suggestions.

Thanks!

StevieFray

Jan 26, 2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
Hi Seniors,

Please let me know if it is legal to courier PR cards outside Canada. I recently did my landing formalities and at the airport, officer told me to apply for PRTD if you plan to come back in Canada . You can't courier or ask someone to take out PR cards in person outside Canada.

Thanks!
It is not illegal. You can also have someone bring it to you (if you trust that person). If you are unsure, you can also do land crossing in a personal vehicle, where a PR card is not required. Don't know why officers using fear tactics. lol That doesn't work.

pk46

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Hi Seniors,

Thanks!
Hi Sunny,

Please let me know how did you receive your PR card? Did you courier it?