+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it inappropriate to contact case processing agent? (PR Renewal delay) HELP

carbo

May 29, 2014
Hi Allura,
Thanks for your reply, I have traveled through the land border with the expired card for a total of 4 times (just coming back to canada, I have always *left* canada by flight).
Jeez - not such great news. I had also submitted my citizenship application at the same time. Should I be expecting another RQ for that as well? :(

Hi Msafiri,
Can't thank you enough for your continued assistance. Got it, I will look into those threads.

Hypothetically, if I had to move to another country in the winter(but left a valid address behind) for a while, would this X month "RQ review time" be counted as negative/absent days for my RO? Even though until today when I signed the form, I have more than satisfied it?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Since you've received an RQ for your PR card renewal, I believe this means your citizenship application will be put on hold until your PR card renewal situation is resolved. So I think it's reasonable to expect delays to your citizenship process. It's quite possible you might get RQ's there too. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
carbo said:
Hi Allura,
Thanks for your reply, I have traveled through the land border with the expired card for a total of 4 times (just coming back to canada, I have always *left* canada by flight).
Jeez - not such great news. I had also submitted my citizenship application at the same time. Should I be expecting another RQ for that as well? :(

Hi Msafiri,
Can't thank you enough for your continued assistance. Got it, I will look into those threads.

Hypothetically, if I had to move to another country in the winter(but left a valid address behind) for a while, would this X month "RQ review time" be counted as negative/absent days for my RO? Even though until today when I signed the form, I have more than satisfied it?
1. Some applicants get both a PR Card renewal RQ and a Citizenship RQ. Others get just the one usually Citizenship RQ. The proof threshold is lower for the PR Card at 730 days. Also it used to be almost impossible to strip your citizenship and the Citizenship Act (pre Bill C-24) had a centralized mode aspect requiring CIC to review/consider non physical presence.

2. Any days post application not an issue subject to maintaining your RO at all times. Lets face it PRs have to get on with their lives (watch the RO which is always rolling but you have a significant buffer of days).

carbo

May 29, 2014
Msafiri said:
1. Some applicants get both a PR Card renewal RQ and a Citizenship RQ. Others get just the one usually Citizenship RQ. The proof threshold is lower for the PR Card at 730 days. Also it used to be almost impossible to strip your citizenship and the Citizenship Act (pre Bill C-24) had a centralized mode aspect requiring CIC to review/consider non physical presence.

2. Any days post application not an issue subject to maintaining your RO at all times. Lets face it PRs have to get on with their lives (watch the RO which is always rolling but you have a significant buffer of days).
Hi Msafiri, wanted to write for those folks following this thread my latest timeline:

Guys here is an update! I have received my RENEWAL today. timeline
1) April first week: applied for PR Renewal (URGENT) and Citizenship
2) August : Received RQ for PR Renewal, sent it in 7 days
3) September 2nd week: Received another RQ for Citizenship, completed in 7 days.
3) Oct 1, received a letter dated september: Renewal approved by local office, application forwarded to Sydney for issuance of card.
4) Nov : received new PR card!!

An important note: The CIC website application was NEVER updated ever since april.

All in all it took these guys 7 months to give me a new card which was "URGENT processing". Hard to believe you are in a first world country when this kind of delay happens for a simple renewal. I was also informed on the phone last week my citizenship application processing might take until 2017 to be finalized.

Thanks all!