+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it illegal or not

Vaneshree

Feb 18, 2012
Hi, I am speaking to a possible employer/host family in Alberta. I am in BC. I left my previous host family a month ago and have been renting. I can not afford to rent here another and was wondering if I could move in to the house of future employer. While I wait for new work permit? I will need to submit my work permit application to Alberta office. Will they care where I live? What if I could not afford to rent and e future employer offered a place for me to stay until I can start working officially?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You can start working officially/legally once you have your WP.

Vaneshree said:
Hi, I am speaking to a possible employer/host family in Alberta. I am in BC. I left my previous host family a month ago and have been renting. I can not afford to rent here another and was wondering if I could move in to the house of future employer. While I wait for new work permit? I will need to submit my work permit application to Alberta office. Will they care where I live? What if I could not afford to rent and e future employer offered a place for me to stay until I can start working officially?