+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is It Difficult To Find Employment in Canada?

EgySaudwife

Feb 7, 2017
Hello All:
I hope this finds you well. Is it difficult for Americans to find employment in Canada, where the employer can do a sponsorship for the employee? I am just curious to know. I know a few Americans have find employment in Canada, but they are very tight-lip about the process and what to expect as far as employment with 1 dependent.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
It is depends on demand. You are from which field?

EgySaudwife

Feb 7, 2017
Historical Education. However, I can work in museums (anything with history) but I also have certifications for TESOL as well as paralegal in America. Canadian laws are different, so I don't think the paralegal certification would transfer, but I can do it with a little training with Canadian laws.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You need to see if your profession qualifies under NAFTA. If it does and you can get a job offer from a Canadian employer, you can apply for a work permit without an LMIA.

If you don't qualify under NAFTA, you will need a job offer from an employer with a positive LMIA. As the LMIA process has strict requirements, takes many months to process and costs the employer $1000, it is very hard to find an employer willing to go through it.