+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it advisable to mark documents with short explanation on rear?

james112

May 22, 2018
Is it alright for me to print a short explanation of the proof documents I am submitting with the application? If not, do I need to provide an explanation? Say for things like joint travel, pieces of mail with only one of our names on it that went to our joint address, etc.

The only thing I worry about is that coming through on the main side of the page when they scan the documents. How else could this be achieved?

Thanks in advance!

rhapsodyy

Apr 18, 2017
For our application I scanned in (and then printed) multiple, "related" documents onto one piece of paper, and then wrote notes explaining what these items were from on the extra space on the paper. That way the information was available to them about what exactly I was providing them, but there was no possibility for them to miss the info (through it being on the back of the page for example). I felt like this was the best option for us, for the reason stated just prior, but also because that way I would still have the original document/receipt/whatever that they could request in the future if they wanted or if I needed it for another reason (application lost, etc). For photographs though I wrote details about who took each photo, who was in each photo, and where/when each photo was taken on the back of the picture.

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
A point re doing it on the reverse of the said document..it is not guaranteed that they do a double sided scan.

james112

May 22, 2018
For our application I scanned in (and then printed) multiple, "related" documents onto one piece of paper, and then wrote notes explaining what these items were from on the extra space on the paper. That way the information was available to them about what exactly I was providing them, but there was no possibility for them to miss the info (through it being on the back of the page for example). I felt like this was the best option for us, for the reason stated just prior, but also because that way I would still have the original document/receipt/whatever that they could request in the future if they wanted or if I needed it for another reason (application lost, etc). For photographs though I wrote details about who took each photo, who was in each photo, and where/when each photo was taken on the back of the picture.
How did you get a number of the documents on one piece of paper? Was it a question of only including a part of the document? Shrinking them down to fit a couple on a page? This sounds like a good idea, I just assumed that they needed the documents to be in their original format. Did it end up going over fine?

rhapsodyy

Apr 18, 2017
How did you get a number of the documents on one piece of paper? Was it a question of only including a part of the document? Shrinking them down to fit a couple on a page? This sounds like a good idea, I just assumed that they needed the documents to be in their original format. Did it end up going over fine?
Many of the receipts and things I included were small enough that I could put multiple on one page. For those that were bigger, I shrunk a few of them to put multiple, and then for other, more important documents that I felt they may need full-sized documents I simply photocopied them as is (and then wrote the information about what they were on the top (or in any blank space) using a visible colour to contrast. In the case of things like documents to show us living together (the ones that only had one person's name on the bill), I went through and highlighted the name and address portion as well for each. I then organized the documents into my section and my partner's section, and separated each section into smaller sections (phone bills, utility bills, receipts, etc). It was a lot of work, but I think it was worth it to make it neater. Can't say how it has gone yet unfortunately, since we're still waiting for his pr approval!