+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is IRCC returning incomplete applications?

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
I'm wondering what would happen if I make a mistake or forget something in the application. Will I only know a year later? In case I realize that I forgot something, is it now better just to send another application instead of waiting 6 months or more for IRCC to open the application?

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
I'm wondering what would happen if I make a mistake or forget something in the application. Will I only know a year later? In case I realize that I forgot something, is it now better just to send another application instead of waiting 6 months or more for IRCC to open the application?
Depends what you forgot, I missed a year on my taxes and had no issues. But also applied Jan and only missed that years tas reference.

Normal AOR time for most apps to return if something major missing is 3-4 months. Right now, expect double that at least due to COVID.

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
Depends what you forgot, I missed a year on my taxes and had no issues. But also applied Jan and only missed that years tas reference.

Normal AOR time for most apps to return if something major missing is 3-4 months. Right now, expect double that at least due to COVID.
What if I forget something major and then realize it? Wait for 6-8 months? Or send another application?