+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is interview over Ready For Visa email a new trend?

wm902

Jul 31, 2018
Over the past week I've seen an increase amount of interview emails for CEC inlands applicants. I am one of those, has anyone else attended or will attend an interview?

Which documents are they requiring for you?

Who attended could tell how it went?

In my case they are asking for:
- Passport
- Two photographs
- Current and expired Canadian permits
- RPRF receipt

I am attending at 1148 Hornby Street, Vancouver.
When is your interview . Mine is next week
My interview is on 8th of august. Please share your experience, if you have the interview before me. Thanks

Ram_29

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
Ottawa , Ontario,Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-08-2018
AOR Received.
27-081989
Med's Done....
20-09-2018
Anybody did interview under CEC with the spouse . Please share your exp. Thanks

parmarjas

Jul 30, 2018
i got email from cic- Winnipeg office but they havewrong pin code on there email id, rest of the address matched when i cross verify with google.
any thoughts?

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
i got email from cic- Winnipeg office but they havewrong pin code on there email id, rest of the address matched when i cross verify with google.
any thoughts?
Does the email contain your UCI number? Or any other information that "proves" that it must be the real deal?

I don't see the point in sending out a fake email for a CIC interview, so I'd be inclined to say this probably is real. The emails they use often are weirdly long and often end up in Junk folders too.

NemesisBR

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-06-2018
Interview........
14-08-2018
Passport Req..
14-08-2018 ?
Hey folks,

I'm actually relieved on this thread!

My case is a little bit different than the ones mentioned here but, I think, in the end, it will be the same conclusion - I hope!

Here is my case:

I'm living in Winnipeg, MB since June 2016, have gone through all, student visa, PGWP visa, and now, finally requesting our PR through Express Entry (my wife, my son, and I). They already asked for my criminal check, done and sent last week.

So, IRCC Winnipeg requested an interview today (8/2/2018) on 8/14/2018 at 9AM, telling that I should be prepared to wait 2.5 hours since they are going to call in order of arrival.

Nothing else was said other than we should bring:
Ø A valid passport, identity or travel document; if you were previously advised that you are exempt from the travel document requirement, bring the waiver letter and other documents establishing your identity;

Ø Two photographs of yourself and for each person in your family that is being processed for permanent residence inside Canada. Please see the photo specifications below and show to the photographer.

Ø All Temporary Resident document(s) issued by IRCC (Work Permit, Student Permit, Visitor Record) if applicable.

Ø Proof of Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). Refugees are exempt from fees.

Thanks!

Reactions: Vitesze

parmarjas

Jul 30, 2018
Mine too bro! But in the email you got did the pin code of the address matches to the corresponding address. In mine case pin code doesn't match up. But the address given in email is right of IRCC office .

NemesisBR

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-06-2018
Interview........
14-08-2018
Passport Req..
14-08-2018 ?
Anybody did interview under CEC with the spouse . Please share your exp. Thanks
Hi Ram,

You can check this thread for spousal interviews.

I don't think there's any difference from which class you're applying to (CEC, FEC, FCS, ...).

I was comparing the cases on the link to the cases here, and spousal interviews are different.
If they have any doubt about your marriage, they will tell you in advance that the interview is to do a check on your marriage.
If you have this clause in your interview request you should be good by reviewing the posts on the thread.

Thanks!

NemesisBR

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-06-2018
Interview........
14-08-2018
Passport Req..
14-08-2018 ?
Mine too bro! But in the email you got did the pin code of the address matches to the corresponding address. In mine case pin code doesn't match up. But the address given in email is right of IRCC office .
For me, both UCI and application number matched.

They also disclose you address on the email.
Is your address correct on the email?

Either way, you could send them an email to check - it is also on the interview request email.

NemesisBR

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-06-2018
Interview........
14-08-2018
Passport Req..
14-08-2018 ?
Hi @karthik1990 and @mamiojo,

What happened after the interview?
Did they kept your passports and pictures?

Thanks!

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
I have a vacation planned in late August for two weeks...I really hope I don't somehow get an interview scheduled for this period. I've heard some horror stories where people had to wait 3+ months to reschedule a CIC interview.

Reactions: NemesisBR

mcaranay

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
07-26-2017
Passport Req..
09-05-2017
I have a vacation planned in late August for two weeks...I really hope I don't somehow get an interview scheduled for this period. I've heard some horror stories where people had to wait 3+ months to reschedule a CIC interview.
I have the same concerns... i have planned travels on last quarter of this year and would prefer PPR with counterfoil visa instead of direct interviews. It seems whole process ends and COPR is activated as well in the interview. After that travels will be almost impossible until you get the PR CARD that really takes so much time.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Does anyone know if you receive an interview request, whether it's possible to simply do this at the border instead? (i.e. port of entry)

I mean, it's a bit rash to expect my PPR already, but we have seen it happen a lot in the last few weeks that people can get it 35-50 days after AOR. If I get mine anytime in the next 2-3 weeks, I either have to re-schedule it, or abort a vacation I paid a lot of money for... I will arrive at YVR Airport on August 28 though.