+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is IELTS test required for semi skilled visa for Canada

nspunia

Sep 22, 2012
I am going to Canada on Semi Skilled Visa soon,my agent is doing all paper work,before getting the LMO so many things to verify including my bank statement and all.I am so surprised when my friends told me that I can not go to Canada on any Visa without IELTS test,so please tell me is it really required to go to Canada.

NOC6641

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
nspunia said:
I am going to Canada on Semi Skilled Visa soon,my agent is doing all paper work,before getting the LMO so many things to verify including my bank statement and all.I am so surprised when my friends told me that I can not go to Canada on any Visa without IELTS test,so please tell me is it really required to go to Canada.
Hi nspunia

Have you got visa to canada?.I have applird for a semi skilled job in canada?.did they ask you to do ielts?.

please help me!!.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
nspunia said:
Not all people require IELTS, i know at least a few people (including myself), who didn't need to take IELTS for their work permits. But all of these cases were skilled positions in NOC 0, A or B.

On the other hand i have seen low skilled people having visas rejected based upon no IELTS or better yet, have seen people being asked to take IELTS in order to further process your application.

My general conclusion is, if your education and work experience clearly shows that you couldn't have gotten through without reasonable english, they probably won't bother. But if that is not the case, you should do it.

Advice is if you have a semi or low skilled job, to rule out risk, take IELTS and submit scores. Even if you have applied already, just take IELTS and send its scores via email to cic.