+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is gift deed option for Proof of fund is safe ?

goingtocanadasoon

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
No need just add proof of net banking transaction.
Thanks.:) I am adding my net banking statements anyway to show the POF, I believe this shoudl be sufficient.

And, my cousin returned around 3000 CAD which he had borrowed a few months back. I used this money to close a personal loan.This shows up in the recent transactions. How can I explain this? Will this be a reason for rejection? I will be showing a gift deed for the 12000 CAD though.

zeb27

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Dear members:

Can funds gifted from relatives other than parents, such as a sister or a brother, be equally accepted by CIC? I read somewhere that gifts based pof is not a very ideal situation and though can be accepted but is entirely at the discretion of the immigration authorities to accept. How true is that? Please advise, Thank you.
Dear I need 200k gift deed from my father, can you share the pattern? and steps where to go.

Presumably:
1. I have to go to Stamp Paper Seller
2. Print gift deed in english ( i dont know what to write on it)
3. Signed it off by me and my father
4. Take a snapshot and upload

BR

soifReddY

Dec 15, 2017
Hi.. i am all set to submit my profile for immigration to be included in the pool. The CIC website states "The funds must be available both when you apply and when (if) we issue you a permanent resident visa".

i want to submit my profile right now, to avoid any further delay. However i do not have the required funds (12,300 CAD) at the moment. i can get these funds from my father and attach a gift deed. but this will take atleast some time, say a week. My questions are,
1. can i submit my application right now without the required funds in my account and later get the funds along with the gift deed? or do i absolutely need to have the required funds in my account "at the time of submitting" my profile online?
2. say, i get an ITA in the next draw, would it create any problems when CIC notices the fact that the funds were transferred in my account just a month or so ago? even if i produce the genuine gift deed.
3. is it required to have the gifted funds for a certain period of time in your account before you can/should submit your profile online, say, 3 months ?

Thank you.

Reactions: cadreamz

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi.. i am all set to submit my profile for immigration to be included in the pool. The CIC website states "The funds must be available both when you apply and when (if) we issue you a permanent resident visa".

i want to submit my profile right now, to avoid any further delay. However i do not have the required funds (12,300 CAD) at the moment. i can get these funds from my father and attach a gift deed. but this will take atleast some time, say a week. My questions are,
1. can i submit my application right now without the required funds in my account and later get the funds along with the gift deed? or do i absolutely need to have the required funds in my account "at the time of submitting" my profile online?
2. say, i get an ITA in the next draw, would it create any problems when CIC notices the fact that the funds were transferred in my account just a month or so ago? even if i produce the genuine gift deed.
3. is it required to have the gifted funds for a certain period of time in your account before you can/should submit your profile online, say, 3 months ?

Thank you.
1 - You must have the funds when submitting your e-APR NOT when submitting your profile.
2 - No issue.
3 - No such requirement.

soifReddY

Dec 15, 2017
1 - You must have the funds when submitting your e-APR NOT when submitting your profile.
2 - No issue.
3 - No such requirement.
Thank you very much for the reply. it clarifies my confusion. You said one needs to have the required funds at the time of submitting eAPR. My question in this regard is that if i receive the gifted funds say just a week before submitting my eAPR, would it be a problem? I mean do i need to have these gifted funds rest in my account for a certain period of time before i should submit eAPR? I understand CIC might ask for a bank statement at some time requiring average balance for six months, in which case my average balance before the gifted funds would be far less than required. would that be a problem?
Thankyou.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you very much for the reply. it clarifies my confusion. You said one needs to have the required funds at the time of submitting eAPR. My question in this regard is that if i receive the gifted funds say just a week before submitting my eAPR, would it be a problem? I mean do i need to have these gifted funds rest in my account for a certain period of time before i should submit eAPR? I understand CIC might ask for a bank statement at some time requiring average balance for six months, in which case my average balance before the gifted funds would be far less than required. would that be a problem?
Thankyou.
Like I said, there is no requirement of having to hold the gifted money for a specific time.

Dreamer06

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
2 - No issue.
3 - No such requirement.
Would you think its ok to have gift deeds from parents and siblings that covers 80% of required funds?
Also rent from real estate coming in cash what docs do I need to submit with that? IRCC asked to explain the transactions

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Would you think its ok to have gift deeds from parents and siblings that covers 80% of required funds?
Also rent from real estate coming in cash what docs do I need to submit with that? IRCC asked to explain the transactions
Yes, such gift deed is fine.

Without knowing the exact wording of IRCC's ADR I cannot comment on your second question.

Dreamer06

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Yes, such gift deed is fine.

Without knowing the exact wording of IRCC's ADR I cannot comment on your second question.

In addition to gift deed I have some transactions on acct for which ircc has asked me to clarify. Some of them are rents (CAD 2500) from real estate thats under my name so just wondering what documentation I need to provide for that since its cash transaction.

alket.z

Jan 5, 2018
Category........
Hi everyone!
I had my funds transferred recently and I am getting a gift deed notarized. However, please some clarifications regarding the 6 months period. They are in my account not more then a few weeks! There is no way I can meet this criteria unless I just wait for other six month before applying! What do I do ?!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone!
I had my funds transferred recently and I am getting a gift deed notarized. However, please some clarifications regarding the 6 months period. They are in my account not more then a few weeks! There is no way I can meet this criteria unless I just wait for other six month before applying! What do I do ?!
That's irrelevant, as long as you can proof where the money came from with your gift deed you do not have to have the money in your account for 6 months.

alket.z

Jan 5, 2018
Category........
That's irrelevant, as long as you can proof where the money came from with your gift deed you do not have to have the money in your account for 6 months.
My concern goes mainly to the OINP that requires 6 month bank statements.
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps_010517.pdf

The same opinion here, I don't need the money to be in my account for 6 months ?! So I am good to go?!

Thanks in advance for the response man!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Saloni s

Mar 3, 2018
Hi
I received ITA and for proof of funds i am showing gift deeds from my mother and father and from my husband too..my husband recieved money from his parents as a help because from 3 years he was monthly transferring those amount in their account.
Can show 3 gift deeds?
Whether my husband need to show the source of funds? And he should also have to show it as gift deed?
I am in real confusion as i will submit almost 3 gift deeds affidavit.
Moreover, i am doing all this because this all income are genuine even they didn’t borrowed from anyone
Is it ryt to show more than one gift deed?
Please help