+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is exprience gained prior to qualification valid under the new rules?

delhisam

Mar 5, 2009
I have been running my welding shop for over 8 years now and have good experience in welding. Its only this year, I have got my welding skills certified and got a Diploma in Welding from an institute of well repute in February 2009.

I have the following questions to ask:
(1) As per the new rules, will they consider my experience as it is prior to the qualification?
(2) As I have been self employed, I assume, I cannot write the letter for myself. If so, how can I prove that I have 8 years experience in welding? Can it be done by showing the payment I have received against the various projects I have completed over the years?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Sam

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well, good for you, if your NOC is on the list. Go for it and Good Luck. Go to the cic website and take the test, if u have not already done so.
All the best.

delhisam

Mar 5, 2009
Hello BobbyB
Thanks for all of your help and motivation.

Just one more question:
You said: you have started to collect "Reference letters from your clients on their Company's Letter Heads".
Can you suggest me the kind of language to be used on those letters. I have several clients spread from UK to Far-east and they would be happy to do that for me.

Looking forward to hear from you.
Sam

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All in English!!
If not you will have to go through the hassle of translating them man, not to talk of the stress and cost.

Fortunately, for me, all my clients are here in the UK from North to South.

delhisam

Mar 5, 2009
Hello BobbyB,
Thanks for your mail.
The kind of language means "the content of the letter" or say ". Sorry for the confusion.

Should the letter be addressed to me or to my shop (or company I owns)?

Sam

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Something in this format which will show what you have been doing for your client, Since when, what

U C for self employed, it is "what" services you have rendered to your clients and not like an employee. Nothing like responsibilities.