+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is entry in 6 months compulsory after getting visitor visa??Need Help!!

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
My parents have received visitor visa but as I am already going to visit them in Novemeber, is it ok if they come next year? Is it compulsory to have Ist entry in 6 months or 1 year? Somoone told me if they don't visit in 6 months, their visitor visa will be cancelled. Any help or advise will be appreciated. Thanks.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
There's no rule that states you have to enter in six month or any other time period. As long as the visa is valid (hasn't expired or been cancelled for other reasons), you can try to enter with it.

If you never enter, eventually it will expire and you can get a new visa. Not having entered on the previous visa won't be held against you.

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
There's no rule that states you have to enter in six month or any other time period. As long as the visa is valid (hasn't expired or been cancelled for other reasons), you can try to enter with it.

If you never enter, eventually it will expire and you can get a new visa. Not having entered on the previous visa won't be held against you.
yeah, that make sense. :)

Amir_sheikhh

Mar 15, 2021
Thank you. I was looking for this info. However, does it say the same in canadian official website. Just want to make sure.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
No, the validity of the visa is clearly stated. There is no other validity period. If the visa is valid and hasn't been cancelled for some reason, they can travel on it (subject to COVID etc, external restrictions are different)

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Thank you. I was looking for this info. However, does it say the same in canadian official website. Just want to make sure.
You need to understand one thing first! When you apply TRV, IRCC process the application assuming you will travel as per your plan.

If you don't, there is nothing to worry. You can make new plans and travel again.

That is why you won't find this information on IRCC website assuming all travellers will travel as per the plans submitted while you applying. Once you get approved, IRCC doesn't care when and how you travel to Canada as long as your TRV is valid.

I hope it helps!

Apr 3, 2023
My parents have received visitor visa but as I am already going to visit them in Novemeber, is it ok if they come next year? Is it compulsory to have Ist entry in 6 months or 1 year? Somoone told me if they don't visit in 6 months, their visitor visa will be cancelled. Any help or advise will be appreciated. Thanks.
Hi, wanted to see if your parents got entry even after 6 months of visa issue date.