+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is ECA necessary?

Dec 9, 2017
I along with my husband is thinking to apply for PR through express entry.My husband had diploma after 10th and then Bachelors and Masters degree.For some reason he is not able to get mark sheet for his diploma.Can we just skip the Diploma mark sheet and submit the bachelors and masters degree or if that is not possible then can we just skip ECA if thats just a matter of few points and our PR application will still go through.

Secondly, what if I am applying for my PR first and once I get my PR then I apply for my spouse PR will he still need to do ECA?

Dec 9, 2017
ok he had diploma instead of 11th and 12th and WES is asking for diploma mark sheet.Even then we should just get an ECA for the Bachelors and Masters degree?

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
ok he had diploma instead of 11th and 12th and WES is asking for diploma mark sheet.Even then we should just get an ECA for the Bachelors and Masters degree?
Since you cannot acquire the mark sheets for the diploma in order for WES to assess them, only provide to WES what you are able to. You can email them and let them know you have decided to only have his Degree and Masters assessed instead of all three credentials.

keano16

Dec 10, 2017
Hello,

My friend was in a similar position, and he only sent his bachelor's transcripts (that too only 3 years). He got a Bachelor's equivalency, so like jman25 mentioned, you can just get the Bachelors and Masters evaluated. Although, it's strange that they didn't ask my friend for his diploma stuff

Dec 9, 2017
ok so do we need to specify diploma in WES account so that they know the reason why Bachelors transcript is missing transcript for first year and then just send Bachelors and Masters transcript? Or we should not even specify the diploma in WES account?

Dec 10, 2017
Hi friends,

I am looking for canada pr and i want to do WES. I had completed Btech and i want a clarification whether individual semester certificates are required for this. Degree certificate and consolidated marklist are with me, but marklist of my 3rd semester has not been received.

Kindly give a reply.

Thanks

keano16

Dec 10, 2017
ok so do we need to specify diploma in WES account so that they know the reason why Bachelors transcript is missing transcript for first year and then just send Bachelors and Masters transcript? Or we should not even specify the diploma in WES account?
He did not mention anything about his diploma, and they never asked for anything

keano16

Dec 10, 2017
Just for the final confirmation, your friend also applied for PR through express entry from outside the country.Correct? And not for any other visa or study purpose.
That is correct. I am not sure if it matters from where you apply. If WES determines bachelor and masters equivalency, that is what will be checked and should be good enough..