+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is close work permit worth 50 points?

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
I'll try to say it simple... I'm in Canada on close work permit, which is valid for 2 years and so I can work only for 1 employer, written on my work permit.

In MyCiC EE profile, when it ask's for "do you have a valid job offer", should I answer "yes" or "no"?

Because I had one for BC PNP and I recieved my work permit thanks to BC PNP nomination.

Thank you! ::)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Anford said:
I'll try to say it simple... I'm in Canada on close work permit, which is valid for 2 years and so I can work only for 1 employer, written on my work permit.

In MyCiC EE profile, when it ask's for "do you have a valid job offer", should I answer "yes" or "no"?

Because I had one for BC PNP and I recieved my work permit thanks to BC PNP nomination.
The IRCC definition of "valid job offer" is here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

Based on what you have stated, you do not have a job offer letter from your employer, offering you a job for at least one year from the date you become a permanent resident. If you do not have that letter, you should answer "no."

nikolain

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anford said:

Thank you! ::)
Why do you need 50 points if you already have 600 from the nomination ?

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
nikolain said:
Why do you need 50 points if you already have 600 from the nomination ?
The true is that I don't but I'm kind of scared that if I answer "no", they could later refuse my application with explanation something like "you lied on your application because you have valid job offer and you answered, that you don't".

Thank you!

nikolain

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In the link provided by "jes_ON" do you satisfy these conditions:

you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:

are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer and
have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa.

If yes then you get 50 points.

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
nikolain said:
In the link provided by "jes_ON" do you satisfy these conditions:

you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:

are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer and
have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa.

If yes then you get 50 points.
I'm currently working for that employer, I have worked for this employer previous 2.5 years in Canada (on my Working Holiday and Young Proffesional visa) and about validity of the job offer - My job offer itself doesn't say how long it's valid for but I just got 2 years work permit linked to that job offer, so I think so.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

"A job offer must be in writing, and must set out details of the job they are offering you, such as:

your pay and deductions
your job duties
conditions of employment, like your hours of work.
A work permit on its own is not a job offer, even if it is an open work permit."

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
jes_ON said:

"A job offer must be in writing, and must set out details of the job they are offering you, such as:

your pay and deductions
your job duties
conditions of employment, like your hours of work.
A work permit on its own is not a job offer, even if it is an open work permit."
I know and I used a job offer to get my close work permit. It's actually very easy for anybody who is working in Canada, to get a work permit, no?
I mean... For example I can just go to see our HR manager tomorrow any he's gonna write me a job offer in 10 minutes... It seems to be really easy 50 points. :eek: