Is CIC Mindful Of The Date That Classes Begin

mohsinis

Feb 3, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ontario
So I was wondering if CIC considers when are classes would start in making a decision regarding our study permits. I applied on 18 June with upfront medical and haven't heard from them as yet. My classes would start in September and it would be a shame if the decision gets delayed beyond that.

ankurkool17

Apr 18, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/08/2013 Paper Based
Doc's Request.
Pre-Medical 16/07/2013
IELTS Request
Overall 6.5 (7,6,6,6)
File Transfer...
02/08/2013
Med's Request
Furtherance(03/09/2013), Again Furtherance(18/01/2014), Follow-up (20/06/2014), Final Furtherance (25/06/2014)
Med's Done....
Furtherance Completed(09/11/2013), Second Furtherance Completed(12/02/2014), Treatment Started(20/02/2014), Treatment Completed(20/08/2014), Fresh Medical(21/08/2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01/08/2013 Paper Based
VISA ISSUED...
26/08/2014 Got it. So Happy :)
LANDED..........
31/08/2014 Here I come
From your signature it looks like you already got visa in 2012 and btw, check the processing time of pakistan .

sidhu_anwar

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mohsinis said:
So I was wondering if CIC considers when are classes would start in making a decision regarding our study permits. I applied on 18 June with upfront medical and haven't heard from them as yet. My classes would start in September and it would be a shame if the decision gets delayed beyond that.
As far as I know CHC takes like 10 weeks for Pakistan. In this case, I don't think they're bound to reply before September session. Because if they were bound to reply before classes begin, people will submit their file whenever they, want ignoring the processing time provided by the CIC. They surely will try but if they've some doubt, then they will take their time. In most cases, your university will let you start in the January session though. Anyway, almost 9 weeks will be ovsf by August end, so you shouldn't worry. If they think you're case is genuine then they will give visa for September session.

mohsinis

Feb 3, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ontario
sidhu_anwar said:
As far as I know CHC takes like 10 weeks for Pakistan. In this case, I don't think they're bound to reply before September session. Because if they were bound to reply before classes begin, people will submit their file whenever they, want ignoring the processing time provided by the CIC. They surely will try but if they've some doubt, then they will take their time. In most cases, your university will let you start in the January session though. Anyway, almost 9 weeks will be ovsf by August end, so you shouldn't worry. If they think you're case is genuine then they will give visa for September session.
Thank you for your reply. You are right, I think I can afford to miss a week or so. Hopefully it wouldn't matter so much. As far as deferring the classes to January is concerned I think the University would allow that but the problem is that I have a full fee scholarship and perhaps it may no longer be valid if I defer my admission.
Anyway, there's little I can do. So lets just hope for the best.