+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Arrear history a factor for VISA rejection ?

nightwing90

Jun 20, 2014
Hi Friends,

I'm a B Tech graduate in Computer Science & Engineering in 2012 pass out (India). After that I done a 6 months course based on Java & Android. Now I decided to pursue my education in Canada by selecting Advance Diploma course. I already finished IELTS exam and scored an overall score of 6.0 which is my required score for that course. But when I contacted a consultancy they said that even if I get offer letter from college there is no chance for visa approval as I had a history of 20 arrears. So is history of arrears is an important factor for visa rejection in Canada ?? Should I try some other country other than Canada ??

Thanks in advance and expecting a reliable information from you guys.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
nightwing90 said:
Hi Friends,

I'm a B Tech graduate in Computer Science & Engineering in 2012 pass out (India). After that I done a 6 months course based on Java & Android. Now I decided to pursue my education in Canada by selecting Advance Diploma course. I already finished IELTS exam and scored an overall score of 6.0 which is my required score for that course. But when I contacted a consultancy they said that even if I get offer letter from college there is no chance for visa approval as I had a history of 20 arrears. So is history of arrears is an important factor for visa rejection in Canada ?? Should I try some other country other than Canada ??

what does arrears mean ...do u owe some money to a college? u need good proof of funding for ur visa will ur so called arrears affect that? not a clear question

jerin

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
nightwing90 said:
Hi Friends,

My dear ,

Apply for the visa and keep a strong SOP.

Always it depends on the luck , even scholarship guys may or may not get the visa. So there is risk involved for everyone, its your choice if you want Canada or not. Maybe your agency is partly right, I am not sure. If you really need to come to Canada, you should go for a try.

nightwing90

Jun 20, 2014
mead said:
what does arrears mean ...do u owe some money to a college? u need good proof of funding for ur visa will ur so called arrears affect that? not a clear question
What I meant is Backlogs

nightwing90

Jun 20, 2014
jerin said:
My dear ,

Apply for the visa and keep a strong SOP.

Always it depends on the luck , even scholarship guys may or may not get the visa. So there is risk involved for everyone, its your choice if you want Canada or not. Maybe your agency is partly right, I am not sure. If you really need to come to Canada, you should go for a try.
Ohh. Thanks for the reply. So you are saying that SOP is the primary factor for VISA right ??

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
nightwing90 said:
What I meant is Backlogs
well visa depends on lot of factors likeur complete profile , ur funding situation ur selection of course etc. without knowing ur complete profile its difficult to say.

jerin

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
nightwing90 said:
Ohh. Thanks for the reply. So you are saying that SOP is the primary factor for VISA right ??
Its not the primary factor ,but it can make you explain your case well, I mean the reason why you got so many backlogs or why you want to study there. Mention your strong points well and be frank . You will do fine.

nightwing90

Jun 20, 2014
mead said:
well visa depends on lot of factors likeur complete profile , ur funding situation ur selection of course etc. without knowing ur complete profile its difficult to say.
Other than Backlogs I think rest all will be fine in my case. Also My course need only 6.0 band score in IELTS. So is that enough for satisfying visa officer or should I try again for better score ??

nightwing90

Jun 20, 2014
jerin said:
Its not the primary factor ,but it can make you explain your case well, I mean the reason why you got so many backlogs or why you want to study there. Mention your strong points well and be frank . You will do fine.

In your experience in this forum Did anyone got VISA who had this much backlogs (above 20) recently ??

jerin

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
nightwing90 said:
In your experience in this forum Did anyone got VISA who had this much backlogs (above 20) recently ??
I am new here, but one of my friend with 10 backlogs did get the visa.

csponline

Aug 12, 2010
chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
Nomination.....
cc charged on : 12-12-12
AOR Received.
15-01-2013
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
Med's Request
20-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
11-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013 (Official Landing)
nightwing90 said:
Hi Friends,

NOT at all..
One of my friend who had 20+ backlogs (arrears) in his BE got his study visa!! He is in Saskatchewan now and got his PR in 2013.

Consultants may confuse you sometimes.. Don't ever take everything what they tell you..

All the best!

nightwing90

Jun 20, 2014
csponline said:
NOT at all..
One of my friend who had 20+ backlogs (arrears) in his BE got his study visa!! He is in Saskatchewan now and got his PR in 2013.

Consultants may confuse you sometimes.. Don't ever take everything what they tell you..

All the best!
That's good ;) So I think I should give a try :)

nightwing90

Jun 20, 2014
I need to know one more thing. Consider that my VISA is rejected when I applied on SPP category (Canada). So Is there is any problem to apply VISA for any other countries like NZ, UK etc ?? Is the VISA officer of other country consider my previous VISA rejection factors ??

jessica1

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 july 2014
IELTS Request
7.5 all > 6.5
Med's Request
Pre
VISA ISSUED...
19 july 2014
LANDED..........
sooonn
Rather than finding n reasons for rejection find n+100 reasons for why should be given visa, dont follow negative approach, have faith in yourself and apply with proper documents and then rest all depends on luck and you wont find any result unless you apply so better start working.
TY