+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is anyone planning to apply for NOC 0111/ 4162/ 1112?

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
any luck?
I am slightly confused between two NOC codes (1112 and 0111) for my current employment. I work in an investment bank and lead a risk management team of around 15 employees. 1112 is for financial analysts and 0111 is for financial managers.

Also, I was a software developer earlier for 8 years, but this experience ended in 2015. Thus, to summarize, after graduating in 2007....

2007 - 2015 : software developer (confirmed 2174)
2015 - 2016 : portfolio manager (confirmed 1112)
2016 - 2018 : manager (confused between 1112 and 0111)

Three questions:
1. Should I use 1112 or 0111 for current job?
2. For the current job, I won't get roles and responsibilities in my reference letters. That said, does it make sense to keep "Primary Noc" code as something (such as 2174) for which I have good documentation?
3. Is it okay to keep an old Noc code (where I last worked in 2015) as primary Noc?

It should be noted that I did masters in 2012-13 in finance, so is it okay to have primary Noc aligned to the most recent education?

Reactions: merlz

Island_vibes

Oct 22, 2018
What NOC you guys would suggest me on the basis of below mentioned job duties:

Assistant Manager - Risk Management & Compliance (Jan’13 to Jul’15)
 Conducted Operational Risk Management & Compliance surveys of all functional departments.
 Developed and strengthened company’s Compliance Framework with respect to Code of Corporate Governance (CCG), Companies Ordinance (CO), The Non-Banking Finance Companies (NBFC) & Notified Entities (NE) Rules & Regulations, Voluntary Pension Scheme (VPS) Rules and Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) circulars.
 Identified issues resulting from Risk & Compliance checks; made recommendations for appropriate actions and documented risk & compliance procedures.
 Conducted quarterly Operational Risk Management Committee meetings.
 Assisted Investment Committee on investments & compliance issues.
 Reviewed quarterly Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS) reports.
 Implemented Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA).

Analyst Risk Management & Compliance (May’11 to Dec’12)
 Established Risk Management department and functioned alongside Investment department.
 Conducted analytical & statistical analysis to evaluate Market, Credit & Liquid risks for mutual and pension funds on monthly basis. Presented Risk Scorecards to Risk Management Committee on fortnightly basis.
 Led Risk Management Committee Meetings.
 Analyzed and monitored mutual fund’s risk in line with Investment Mandates of the respective funds and reported daily to Chief Investment Officer (CIO) and Fund Managers.
 Presented historical Unit Holding Pattern (Investor Folio Distribution) to CEO & lead management on quarterly basis in Operational Risk Management Committee meetings.
 Developed and implemented Investment Compliance Software (Compliance Module); coordinated among different departments (Fund Management, Investment Research, Accounts & Finance, IT) and software vendor.

Thanks in advance. :)
Hi,
Which NOC do you go with? I'm leaning towards 1114, financial examiner, I'm a risk analyst and my job duties are similar to yours. Thanks for the help

merlz

May 25, 2019
I am slightly confused between two NOC codes (1112 and 0111) for my current employment. I work in an investment bank and lead a risk management team of around 15 employees. 1112 is for financial analysts and 0111 is for financial managers.

Also, I was a software developer earlier for 8 years, but this experience ended in 2015. Thus, to summarize, after graduating in 2007....

2007 - 2015 : software developer (confirmed 2174)
2015 - 2016 : portfolio manager (confirmed 1112)
2016 - 2018 : manager (confused between 1112 and 0111)

Three questions:
1. Should I use 1112 or 0111 for current job?
2. For the current job, I won't get roles and responsibilities in my reference letters. That said, does it make sense to keep "Primary Noc" code as something (such as 2174) for which I have good documentation?
3. Is it okay to keep an old Noc code (where I last worked in 2015) as primary Noc?

It should be noted that I did masters in 2012-13 in finance, so is it okay to have primary Noc aligned to the most recent education?
Hey, Which NOC code did you finalize and was your application approved? I am confused between 1122, 4162 and 1112. Can you suggest if possible?

Senior Compliance Risk Analyst - Compliance and Control
· Supporting the yearly execution of the enterprise wide compliance risk assessment (EWCRA) as per defined timelines, assessed final output of previous year and incorporate deliverables into the current year plan and track progress of remedial actions including updating of compliance manuals related to CRA using best practices to provide visibility and transparency of status and issues in the CRA process thus ensuring smooth flow of the process
· Leading the platform testing process and execution testing of test scripts for various technical requirements which includes UAT testing (end to end) and preparing tactical user stories for various changes to be done in the CRA Tool.
· Actively engaged in Quality Assurance (QA) process, reporting and all the adhoc requests facilitated by the stakeholders.
· Generating and preparing of CRA Business results for all senior stakeholders
· Analyzing control gaps to identify the function related Gaps affecting the business, rules analysis for various policies related to various regulations.
· Preparing Training decks for various respondents and QA reviewers to get a better understanding of the process and CRA tool.
· Calculating and aggregating the conduct risk key risk frameworks for various policy risk to themes mapping.
· Assisting in the RCSA and CMRA calculation for Protiviti Risk Assessment business unit alignment

anqaa

May 6, 2022
Hey, Which NOC code did you finalize and was your application approved? I am confused between 1122, 4162 and 1112. Can you suggest if possible?

Senior Compliance Risk Analyst - Compliance and Control
· Supporting the yearly execution of the enterprise wide compliance risk assessment (EWCRA) as per defined timelines, assessed final output of previous year and incorporate deliverables into the current year plan and track progress of remedial actions including updating of compliance manuals related to CRA using best practices to provide visibility and transparency of status and issues in the CRA process thus ensuring smooth flow of the process
· Leading the platform testing process and execution testing of test scripts for various technical requirements which includes UAT testing (end to end) and preparing tactical user stories for various changes to be done in the CRA Tool.
· Actively engaged in Quality Assurance (QA) process, reporting and all the adhoc requests facilitated by the stakeholders.
· Generating and preparing of CRA Business results for all senior stakeholders
· Analyzing control gaps to identify the function related Gaps affecting the business, rules analysis for various policies related to various regulations.
· Preparing Training decks for various respondents and QA reviewers to get a better understanding of the process and CRA tool.
· Calculating and aggregating the conduct risk key risk frameworks for various policy risk to themes mapping.
· Assisting in the RCSA and CMRA calculation for Protiviti Risk Assessment business unit alignment
hi, which noc did u go with??? i have job responsibilities similar to yours