+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is all work experience in EE profile mandatory

Dalresin

Jan 24, 2023
Hello everybody.

Do I need to provide all my work history when creating EE profile if I cannot prove it and don't wanna claim points for that? Or it is okay to skip them and add only work from which I can get points?
I've heard that there is something called "personal history" after you get an ITA and I can put all my work history there and I will not need to prove it.

I have such things with both Canadian and foreign work histories.

P.S Just to give some understanding: I cannot get reference letters from some employers and those job experiences were very short, so they will not really affect my score, I can use only my current job.

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
Hello everybody.

Do I need to provide all my work history when creating EE profile if I cannot prove it and don't wanna claim points for that? Or it is okay to skip them and add only work from which I can get points?
I've heard that there is something called "personal history" after you get an ITA and I can put all my work history there and I will not need to prove it.

I have such things with both Canadian and foreign work histories.

P.S Just to give some understanding: I cannot get reference letters from some employers and those job experiences were very short, so they will not really affect my score, I can use only my current job.
You are right. Add whichever jobs you are claiming points for in the Express Entry profile. Once you get ITA, you'll have to add those jobs to the work history and submit reference letters (and other potential proofs) for all the jobs for which you claimed points. The other work experiences can go into the personal history section, and you don't need to submit any reference letters for them.

Reactions: Shelly22

Dalresin

Jan 24, 2023
@santzapaul How about my common-law partner? Will she need to provide prove if we put her work experience in the profile? (it is just half a year, doesn't add any score)

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
@santzapaul How about my common-law partner? Will she need to provide prove if we put her work experience in the profile? (it is just half a year, doesn't add any score)
Am not sure about the spouse's experience. If it doesn't add any points, why add it to the profile in the first place? It can be mentioned in your spouse's personal history section during the application, right?

Reactions: Miracle2018

qaisahmedsa

Apr 13, 2023
Hey.
I am a similar query. I have added my current Canadian work experience in the work history but its less than 6 months so I am not getting any points for it. I have received my ITA now. So should I just go ahead and keep it in the work history and provide documentations for it or just move it to personal history?
Thank you

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hey.
I am a similar query. I have added my current Canadian work experience in the work history but its less than 6 months so I am not getting any points for it. I have received my ITA now. So should I just go ahead and keep it in the work history and provide documentations for it or just move it to personal history?
Thank you
If you are the primary applicant and have declared work experience, no point in not providing documents for it. That's not truthful at the end.

qaisahmedsa

Apr 13, 2023
If you are the primary applicant and have declared work experience, no point in not providing documents for it. That's not truthful at the end.
I mean like is it better to prove the work experience or just move it to personal history?. Moving it to personal history will need explanation as it will contradict the info I gave while creating EE profile and create a bad impression while proving the work experience will not give me any points anyways. Kind of confused.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I mean like is it better to prove the work experience or just move it to personal history?. Moving it to personal history will need explanation as it will contradict the info I gave while creating EE profile and create a bad impression while proving the work experience will not give me any points anyways. Kind of confused.
I don't get the reason for not providing Canadian work exp document? I don't understand what's confusing? Is the employer not willing to give the docs? There's nothing to be confused about listing this as under work history and providing docs for it.

qaisahmedsa

Apr 13, 2023
I don't get the reason for not providing Canadian work exp document? I don't understand what's confusing? Is the employer not willing to give the docs? There's nothing to be confused about listing this as under work history and providing docs for it.
I have all the docs to prove it. But people on this forum say I need to mention only the work experience that I am claiming points for in the work history section. This one isnt getting me any points that's what is making me confused.

Tamara165g

May 5, 2023
My situation is slightly different. I’ve had multiple positions at my current employer but I only want to claim for my most recent position since it’s over a year.

Can someone confirm if this is possible and the best way format for the letter of employment in this scenario?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I have all the docs to prove it. But people on this forum say I need to mention only the work experience that I am claiming points for in the work history section. This one isnt getting me any points that's what is making me confused.
I agree it isn't getting you any points. But now that you've already said you worked here and you can submit the docs, what's the hesitation? It literally takes 5 minutes to upload the docs :)

qaisahmedsa

Apr 13, 2023
My situation is slightly different. I’ve had multiple positions at my current employer but I only want to claim for my most recent position since it’s over a year.

Can someone confirm if this is possible and the best way format for the letter of employment in this scenario?
Have you received the ITA already? If not you can mention only the latest position in the work history rest in the personal history.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda

What's up with not providing docs at all? If you hide positions, you'll have explain gaps - if there are unexplained gaps of a TRV (I mean, what were you even doing in Canada at that time?) - wouldn't that trigger a Schedule A? How is saying "I was doing nothing between ABC-XYZ date" better than not providing the documentation? Because you'll have to lie or write something that's obviously not true in your personal history to cover this.

Don't make it complicated. Keep it simple. We all have multiple positions under an employer and it isn't too hard to show them.