+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is accompanying International Student a valid reason to apply for TRV ?

Ayam93

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
- I recently got my study visa approved for Canada and my classes starts in September
- My parents would like to accompany me to Canada for few weeks
- My Sister also lives in Canada and is a Permanent Resident of Canada

My question is - can my parents apply for TRV to accompany me to Canada and apply a TRV for 2-3 weeks ? In Purpose of Visit they will mention that apart from accompanying me to Canada and guiding me through initial phase of setup, they will also visit my Sister in Canada.

Or this does not sounds like a valid reason to visit Canada ? Any other suggestion ?

My parents profile:
- My father just recently got retired from a government job 6 months back and is currently a farmer (latest documents of crop sold to government broker available)
- They have healthy bank balance for more than CAD 20000
- they have properties and farming land in India
- my younger brother also works in India

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Honestly...no.

Tourism-combined-family visit is better.

Provide a daily itinerary and budget for your parents' stay, as well as amply evidence of his revenue and day-to-day activities (or whatever) from farming.

With you and your sister in Canada, having your parents travel along may make it seem like they are planning to move to Canada with you. So do whatever you can to show their ties back in India, like their property, land, etc.

It's not "bad" or disallowed to have parents accompany a child wanting to study in Canada, but you just have to be careful and thorough with their application.

Reactions: Ayam93 and Bryanna

Ayam93

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good news - my parents got TRV approved !! Thanks a lot for your suggestion, i proceeded as you recommended.

I attached J Form which shows the latest crop sold from farming, 6 months bank statement and explained a major bank transaction. I also list couple of ties in local society like my parents being member of local religious community, etc. In addition i also attached an excel sheet which list day to day plan for my parents in Canada and approx expense for each day.

I also attached a letter from my sister who is Permanent Resident of Canada inviting my parents to meet them, and will be hosting my parents during the stay.

Thanks again for your guidance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Good news - my parents got TRV approved !! Thanks a lot for your suggestion, i proceeded as you recommended.

I attached J Form which shows the latest crop sold from farming, 6 months bank statement and explained a major bank transaction. I also list couple of ties in local society like my parents being member of local religious community, etc. In addition i also attached an excel sheet which list day to day plan for my parents in Canada and approx expense for each day.

I also attached a letter from my sister who is Permanent Resident of Canada inviting my parents to meet them, and will be hosting my parents during the stay.

Thanks again for your guidance.
Wow! You got very lucky. Most get denied.