5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
weddingtonite said:
They should hire more staff to satisfy frustrated customers. We pay them processing fee of $550. This is not our fault that they have lots of queries to answer. They are just poor.

We should not forget this phrase "Customer is always right"

Thanks
Dear Weddingtonight,
I agree with you. They do not treat us fairly.

RickB

Nov 30, 2010
kramvi said:
I was wondering if anyone else had this experience too.

I wrote the Canadian consulate a question many days ago. I have received replies to my questions but it seems that the person who answers the mail does not really read the emails at all. It is either that or the person does not speak english. Too bad that they don't identify themselves so they are safe. Seems like they don't do their jobs properly. And this is not the first time that I have had this experience.

I am wondering if they are actual visa officers answering queries to emails or are they just office secretaries. I would like to hear that I am not alone here.
These are government departments, they are same all over the world. My experience with govt staffers in Canada has been much better than what I have come across in UK, Belgium and the US. Patience is the keyword.

David_TVO

Star Member
Jan 29, 2011
After reading this thread, I think I found my immigration topic for next season: Immigration and Canadian Embassies - How they Work.

It looks like there is a lot of content to cover and clarifications to make. Do you think this would be a good story or video series? What topics/issues/questions would a story like this address?

David
Voices of New Canadian Web Series
http://www.tvo.org/cfmx/tvoorg/theagenda/index.cfm?page_id=3&action=blog&subaction=viewPost&post_id=14228&blog_id=323

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
David_TVO said:
After reading this thread, I think I found my immigration topic for next season: Immigration and Canadian Embassies - How they Work.

It looks like there is a lot of content to cover and clarifications to make. Do you think this would be a good story or video series? What topics/issues/questions would a story like this address?

David
Voices of New Canadian Web Series
http://www.tvo.org/cfmx/tvoorg/theagenda/index.cfm?page_id=3&action=blog&subaction=viewPost&post_id=14228&blog_id=323
I think you could be doing a huge service to both the applicants AND the embassies by demystifying "The Life of an Immigration Application". Many of the concerns expressed by the posters on these forum threads involve reassurance that all is well. Understanding WHY there can be hold ups and WHEN is the right time to ask for confirmation would be excellent.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
weddingtonite said:
They should hire more staff to satisfy frustrated customers. We pay them processing fee of $550. This is not our fault that they have lots of queries to answer. They are just poor.

We should not forget this phrase "Customer is always right"

Thanks
Probably yes - when I'm buying the next pair of my fatigues from Old Navy.

But, would I ask the Recruiting Officer, "why the MO finds my chest-span less than 38inches, while my Gym Instructor doesn't", while enlisting? Probably not... and if I did, he'd show me the door anyway. And there'd go my Customer Service foray! 'Coz, neither I'm a 'customer' here, nor r they waiting/sweating to enlist me.

Qorax

marylatt

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Nomination.....
09-06-2011 (CSQ received)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011 (beginning of federal process)
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
Interview........
Name showed up on e-cas: 26-03-2012
Passport Req..
14-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
Yea, the problem is we're not customers. They don't need our business.

I agree with the poster. I've gotten totally irrelevant answers, too. Granted, that doesn't only happen with immigrations. I once asked if I had to send copies of my updated passport, and they answered that I should include my file # when sending in any docs. Wow, thanks for not answering my question. ::) I'm sure they are quite stressed, but we are still more stressed out than they are, considering it's our life at stake, not theirs. :eek:

kramvi

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Ok now coming back to the question I initially wanted answered.

How could I get their attention to answer the question correctly? In my last email, I wrote to them that the person reading my email did not answer my question and so if they could please answer it. So I received no reply. I don't want to be too agressive as I don't want any derogatory remarks put in my file by them. I just want my question answered. What should I do?

_696_

Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not yet
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
kramvi said:

How could I get their attention to answer the question correctly? In my last email, I wrote to them that the person reading my email did not answer my question and so if they could please answer it. So I received no reply. I don't want to be too agressive as I don't want any derogatory remarks put in my file by them. I just want my question answered. What should I do?
Try asking the right question, so as to get the VO's attention. Idk what were you asking to begin with though.

carl128

Jul 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010 and received 08-09-2010; PER received 08-03-2011
AOR Received.
March 31, 2011
IELTS Request
Feb 25, 2011
File Transfer...
RBVO-April1, 2011
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
May 31, 2011
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully in 2011
kramvi said:
Thank you Wedding. At least someone is on the same wavelength. My question was never on the status of my application. It was just something general like the one you put. They have replied to me several times but never the right answer. If they only took some time to read my question properly. This much I have to credit the United States embassy for. They may not reply soon but when they do, it seems that someone has taken the time to read the question that one is replying to. Unlike here.

Anyway does anyone know if they are immigration officers that reply to these emails or are they just clerks? This would really help me make my decision to write a letter. And another question is whether it is the same person replying to the same link or is it a different person? Any idea?
Since your question was not about your status, maybe you can post part or the idea of your question here and maybe the seniors could give some insight about it.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I think the suggestion is to put your question here and see if someone on the Forum can answer it for you.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Hello kramvi,

Pls mention your timelines and VO also.

Cheers..

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Simple as it is....we all seem to be missing the point, LOL. Is this exactly what you wish to find out from CIO?
"Are they immigration officers who reply to emails or are they just clerks? And is it the same person replying to the same link or is it a different person?"

IF SO....Qorax as given you the benefit of his vast experience as follows:
Quote from: qorax on March 18, 2011, 08:53:16 am
Every CHC has a 'Front Office' -- these guys/gals take-on most of your queries, especially the generic ones. When the query is case-specific, it gets forwarded to the VO/IO's section [there r many of them too]... that's how sometimes u get the response, "your mail has been forwarded to an Immigr. Officer, who will respond to u more specifically".

Now, even if it's a 'case-specific' enquiry, but the matter corresponds to general nature [viz. timeframe to get to the next step, OR is so-n-so Ok - what should I do now etc.] -- it still isn't replied to by your VO/IO, but one of his/her staff [again there r couple of them under each VO/IO].

However, if the query is on something which does require the VO's attention -- rest assured, s/he's the one who'd reply.

Qorax

weddingtonite

Star Member
Mar 13, 2011
kramvi said:

Buddy I tell you from my experience they will never answer such a query. Reason being they are too busy or don't answer to "38-chest span" queries what Mr. Qorax has said.

Thanks