+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

prash42

Jun 1, 2014
I was asked for hard copies too, and got DM in about 10 days, and oath invitation after a further 1 week. While I've been critical of IRCC as well, it seems fair to say Scarborough is working harder than other offices like Montreal and Calgary.

I do not understand why they asked for hard copies. Maybe they can claim that it is more difficult to process/review hard copies than scanned copies, another excuse for the delayed processing of the 2019 and early 2020 applications?

attorneyasim

Jun 27, 2016
Can you please give me the address of the office where you send hard copies
I was asked for hard copies too, and got DM in about 10 days, and oath invitation after a further 1 week. While I've been critical of IRCC as well, it seems fair to say Scarborough is working harder than other offices like Montreal and Calgary.

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
Hi, what did say in DM?
Not sure I understand... DM means "Decision Made", that's all it said on ECAS

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
I did my oath on October 8th but haven’t received my certificate. Anyone on the same boat? My other mails arrived fine in the last a few weeks...
Hmmm.. that's not normal. you should be getting it in 2 weeks max... However, sometimes Canada Post can screw up - for example, my wife's certificate arrived a week after mine, even though the dates on both stamps were the same.. Suggest emailing the folks to whom you sent the oath forms to to follow up on whether the cerificate was dispatched... If yes, then wait for 2 more weeks and then submit a solemn declaration for never having received ur certificate. (they ask to wait for 6 weeks from the date of dispatch of the certificate)

Miaaa S

Nov 2, 2021
Hmmm.. that's not normal. you should be getting it in 2 weeks max... However, sometimes Canada Post can screw up - for example, my wife's certificate arrived a week after mine, even though the dates on both stamps were the same.. Suggest emailing the folks to whom you sent the oath forms to to follow up on whether the cerificate was dispatched... If yes, then wait for 2 more weeks and then submit a solemn declaration for never having received ur certificate. (they ask to wait for 6 weeks from the date of dispatch of the certificate)
Thanks for the information! I confirmed with ircc that they dispatched it more than 3 weeks ago. Could you please describe how the envelope looks like? (Color, size) And which office is it sent from? (Local processing office or Sydney NS) I’m going to stop by my local post office to see if they can double check their warehouse...

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
Thanks for the information! I confirmed with ircc that they dispatched it more than 3 weeks ago. Could you please describe how the envelope looks like? (Color, size) And which office is it sent from? (Local processing office or Sydney NS) I’m going to stop by my local post office to see if they can double check their warehouse...
It's a yellow envelope - a little bigger than A4 size. And it is sent from the local processing office (in my case it was scarborough)

kurdi12

Jul 8, 2019
Hello everyone! I just got updated on my tracker process today. Everything completed except “citizenship ceremony “. I just wanted to know how long take time for next step ? Thanks for your helps . I’m 2019 March applicant. I passed my citizenship test on July 26th

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Hello everyone! I just got updated on my tracker process today. Everything completed except “citizenship ceremony “. I just wanted to know how long take time for next step ? Thanks for your helps . I’m 2019 March applicant. I passed my citizenship test on July 26th
Congrats! I think you will do your citizenship ceremony mid next year. I saw earlier someone posted that Scarborough‘s ceremony is fully booked out till May 2022. So you’ll have to wait them contact you.

Reactions: kurdi12

hungtington

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
Congrats! I think you will do your citizenship ceremony mid next year. I saw earlier someone posted that Scarborough‘s ceremony is fully booked out till May 2022. So you’ll have to wait them contact you.
I’m more optimistic, and think that they would some day resume in person ceremonies. After all, they are “committed to send oath invite within 4 months after DM”, and statistics wouldn’t look good if they continue to make everyone wait for more than half a year for oaths.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
I’m more optimistic, and think that they would some day resume in person ceremonies. After all, they are “committed to send oath invite within 4 months after DM”, and statistics wouldn’t look good if they continue to make everyone wait for more than half a year for oaths.
I want to be optimistic. It’s just hard to. COVID situation is stabilizing across the country but all offices are still closed for in person services… I know some who were selected for PR card in person pick up from March 2020 are still waiting to pick them up…