+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Am I right in summarizing that all the activity re. LPP being completed is happening for applicants who applied ONLINE?

Or a better question: Anyone who applied on Paper got their LPP complete recently? Other than you @Sandy.gal :D
Paper applicants are also getting it but yes I won't deny that right now they are more active on online applications

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Hi All,

I am currently outside of Canada and sent an email for the Oath ceremony to be rescheduled or take from outside Canada. I was looking that it will be rescheduled, but I received an email below. Has anyone gone through this process? Please share your thoughts on what can be done in this situation.

Is it good to take this option as I may be coming back after a year or is it better to go back to Canada and then get it rescheduled?

Good day,

Thank you for your email. Although you must be physically in Canada to take the Oath of Citizenship, you can request permission from the Registrar of Citizenship to take your Oath while you are outside of Canada; these requests are being considered as exceptional cases. In the event that your request is approved, it is important for you to know the following:

o The decision by the Registrar could take up to 2-3 months

o You will be asked to destroy your Permanent Resident Card during the ceremony.

o It may take up to 6 months for you to receive your certificate after the ceremony as your certificate will be sent to the Canadian Mission closest to you. (excludes clients in the USA)

o Before applying for your Canadian passport, you will need to wait to receive your citizenship certificate.

o For Canadian citizens, including dual Canadian citizens, you must present an acceptable travel document that shows that you are a Canadian to enter Canada. This means you need a valid Canadian passport (or a Canadian travel document issued in urgent situations) to allow airline check-in staff and border officials to confirm that you are Canadian.

o Depending on the laws and regulations of your current country of citizenship or the country where you are presently living, there may be some complexities should you become a dual national abroad (i.e. access to Canadian consular services, travel requirements, etc.). Note that you may not have proof of Canadian citizenship for 6 months. It is recommended that you confirm whether any complexities exist before considering to take the oath outside of Canada.

Should you still wish to pursue this request, please provide, in writing to this e-mail address your present circumstances and reasons for your request to take the oath from outside of Canada for consideration by the Registrar of Canadian Citizenship. When possible, do not hesitate to provide supporting documentation.

Please note that if you proceed with this request, you will be cancelled from your upcoming ceremony as you cannot take the oath while awaiting the Registrar’s decision.

Thanks in advance!

Jhan47

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Hi All,

I am currently outside of Canada and sent an email for the Oath ceremony to be rescheduled or take from outside Canada. I was looking that it will be rescheduled, but I received an email below. Has anyone gone through this process? Please share your thoughts on what can be done in this situation.

Is it good to take this option as I may be coming back after a year or is it better to go back to Canada and then get it rescheduled?

Good day,

Thank you for your email. Although you must be physically in Canada to take the Oath of Citizenship, you can request permission from the Registrar of Citizenship to take your Oath while you are outside of Canada; these requests are being considered as exceptional cases. In the event that your request is approved, it is important for you to know the following:

o The decision by the Registrar could take up to 2-3 months

o You will be asked to destroy your Permanent Resident Card during the ceremony.

o It may take up to 6 months for you to receive your certificate after the ceremony as your certificate will be sent to the Canadian Mission closest to you. (excludes clients in the USA)

o Before applying for your Canadian passport, you will need to wait to receive your citizenship certificate.

o For Canadian citizens, including dual Canadian citizens, you must present an acceptable travel document that shows that you are a Canadian to enter Canada. This means you need a valid Canadian passport (or a Canadian travel document issued in urgent situations) to allow airline check-in staff and border officials to confirm that you are Canadian.

o Depending on the laws and regulations of your current country of citizenship or the country where you are presently living, there may be some complexities should you become a dual national abroad (i.e. access to Canadian consular services, travel requirements, etc.). Note that you may not have proof of Canadian citizenship for 6 months. It is recommended that you confirm whether any complexities exist before considering to take the oath outside of Canada.

Should you still wish to pursue this request, please provide, in writing to this e-mail address your present circumstances and reasons for your request to take the oath from outside of Canada for consideration by the Registrar of Canadian Citizenship. When possible, do not hesitate to provide supporting documentation.

Please note that if you proceed with this request, you will be cancelled from your upcoming ceremony as you cannot take the oath while awaiting the Registrar’s decision.

Thanks in advance!

Wow never heard this is an option until now! Is it something new they are trying to implement?

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Wow never heard this is an option until now! Is it something new they are trying to implement?
No these have always been the rules, IRCC was always lenient, but they are starting to see more request to re-schedule and they are trying to clear their backlog so they are cracking down by sending email to deter people.

Someone also got this from the August thread

Please note the Notice to Appear is not an invitation as there is no discretion on whether or not to attend.

A request to reschedule a Citizenship Ceremony event is only considered under exceptional circumstances, ie death of an immediate family member, hospitalization of an immediate family member, or other situation of emergency/ critical nature etc. Each request must be made in writing and must be accompanied by the supporting documentation ie death certificates, doctor’s notes, departure and return airline tickets or documentation to support the request etc.

Basically above they said, The notice to appear is not an invitation, we are telling you to show up or risk your application getting closed, IRCC ain't having it no more.

This person's reason was they have some trip they have to fly on that same day.

Jhan47

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
No these have always been the rules, IRCC was always lenient, but they are starting to see more request to re-schedule and they are trying to clear their backlog so they are cracking down by sending email to deter people.

Someone also got this from the August thread

Please note the Notice to Appear is not an invitation as there is no discretion on whether or not to attend.

A request to reschedule a Citizenship Ceremony event is only considered under exceptional circumstances, ie death of an immediate family member, hospitalization of an immediate family member, or other situation of emergency/ critical nature etc. Each request must be made in writing and must be accompanied by the supporting documentation ie death certificates, doctor’s notes, departure and return airline tickets or documentation to support the request etc.

Basically above they said, The notice to appear is not an invitation, we are telling you to show up or risk your application getting closed, IRCC ain't having it no more.

This person's reason was they have some trip they have to fly on that same day.
There are so many ppl rescheduling the ceremony, I don’t think Ricco is enforcing this seriously. But yeah, they pretty much do anything they want