+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC request for FBI and Japan Police Clearance Certificate

Yuii

Aug 9, 2018
Hi everyone,

I just got this request letter from IRCC asking me for police clearance letter from FBI and Japan.

I have never been living in US for more than 6 months in the past 10 years and I have gone on an exchange to Japan for less than 6 months...I just want to ask whether anyone has gotten a request letter like this and wondering why they asked for it? IRCC only gives me 30 days to have them submitted, which is pretty rush...

Other than this, can anyone tell me how to get these two documents? I am living in Toronto.
> Police Certificate: Police clearance certificate from Japan.
> Police Certificate: FBI police clearance certificate from United States of America

Please let me know.

Thanks!

Jaykay101

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html

You can find out how to apply using that link. 30 days is short so I’ll advise you to apply for them as soon as possible and definitely within the 30 day period. Unfortunately, I doubt you will get them both within 30days unless they have a way to expedite the request. If you cannot get them within 30 days, write a letter of explanation and submit it with the proof that you’ve applied for both of them. That will give you some grace till you get the certificates. I never got a request like this so I’m not sure. Best of luck.

Kris03

Star Member
Jun 30, 2021
Hi everyone,

I just got this request letter from IRCC asking me for police clearance letter from FBI and Japan.

I have never been living in US for more than 6 months in the past 10 years and I have gone on an exchange to Japan for less than 6 months...I just want to ask whether anyone has gotten a request letter like this and wondering why they asked for it? IRCC only gives me 30 days to have them submitted, which is pretty rush...

Other than this, can anyone tell me how to get these two documents? I am living in Toronto.
> Police Certificate: Police clearance certificate from Japan.
> Police Certificate: FBI police clearance certificate from United States of America

Please let me know.

Thanks!
Hi,my I know what hapoen to your application? Same mine they are requested for police clearance jn Japan but I have visited less than 6 months? Do you still comply or you created a letter and send to IRCC?

Jayson17

Aug 14, 2023
Hello and Good day Sir or Madam, I am Jayson P. Baracao. Can I request a letter for my processing of a police clearance from Japan? The Japanese Embassy requires me to get a request letter from the Canada Embassy that I need to get a police clearance in japan as my requirements in my visa processing in Canada. The Canada Embassy requires me to submit a police clearance from Japan because I have worked there before. When my request is granted can I get it soon as possible? Thank you very much