+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Parent's Sponsorship Program Update 2018

yukiyumi

Aug 26, 2018
All I would say is this. If you want your parents / grandparents in Canada, get those applications in as soon as you can. Based on the anti-Liberal backlash in Ontario for the provincial elections, things could revert very quickly.
Oh please... Liberal government has been the worst in dealing with this. They are the ones who introduced the discriminatory and untransparent lottery system. Before that, it was much more logical: people prepared their documents, paid the fees and only then were put in the cue. That way, those who weren't eligible and who wasn't serious about their intention to sponsor were filtered out naturally without wasting time and resources to process their applications.
I was excited they canceled the lottery, but now I realize it will turn into another sh*t show: the website will crash, the fastest typer with will win, and half of the people filling out the application won't even be eligible at the end... Yet, we will not even know if they actually filled all the spots at the end of the year. They are spinning it in a way as if they were doing a good thing by increasing the number of application but I bet what's really happening is that it takes so much time and resources to redraw every time they weed out ineligible applicants, they couldn't fill all the spots they claimed they would. I can't wait for the liberals to be out of the office and for this nonsense to end. A bunch of overpaid people who are trying to reinvent the bicycle instead of thinking logically.

Reactions: singleman

xyyigan1977

Apr 25, 2017
To weed out all ineligible ones, I suggest IRCC to ask all sponsors to come in with certain amount of non refundable deposit, say $500 or even $200. This is just to ensure people understand what they are getting into. I guaranteed 99% of wasted will be gone.

Reactions: singleman

dawn_canada

Jul 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Nomination.....
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
File Transfer...
31-10-2015
Med's Request
24-02-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2015 - 3rd Line updated on 17-03-2015, RPRF and PCC received to VO on 23-03-2015
Interview........
Seems waived.
Passport Req..
30-07-2015 and submitted on 31-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-08-2015
To weed out all ineligible ones, I suggest IRCC to ask all sponsors to come in with certain amount of non refundable deposit, say $500 or even $200. This is just to ensure people understand what they are getting into. I guaranteed 99% of wasted will be gone.
That is 100% true with some financial advantage to IRCC too.