Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
ATLANTIC IMMIGRATION PILOT PROGRAMME

The details of an exciting new Canadian immigration program, the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program, have been announced. Through this program, around 2,000 newcomers may submit an application for permanent residence in 2017. The pilot program is set to last for three years, The Atlantic Immigration Pilot is for skilled immigrants and international student graduates who want to permanently live in:

New Brunswick
Newfoundland and Labrador
Nova Scotia &
Prince Edward Island

First announced on July 4, 2016, the plan is part of the Atlantic Growth Strategy. However, full details of the program were only revealed on January 27, 2017. Applications will be accepted as of March, 2017.

The Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program has been designed to improve the settlement process for newcomers, by ensuring that economic immigrants that arrive through the program have a job offer from a designated employer and a settlement plan for themselves and their family, if applicable.

There are three categories within the pilot program:

The Atlantic High-Skilled Program (AHSP):
Targeting candidates with a qualifying job offer for a one-year contract for full-time employement in a position at level 0, A, or B of the National Occupational Classification (NOC);

The Atlantic Intermediate-Skilled Program (AISP):
Targeting candidates with a qualifying job offer of indeterminate duration for full-time employment in a position at level 0, A, B, or C of the NOC; and

The Atlantic International Graduate Program (AIGP):
Targeting international graduates of post-secondary study programs of at least two years’ duration, undertaken at a publicly-funded institution in the Atlantic region. Such graduates are also required to have a qualifying job offer.

Employers who wish to participate must be screened by the province(s) in question before they may hire through the program.

Reactions: ihsamkhan

aremite

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Osun
Category........
PNP
It is actually a welcoming development for the four province to come together to form a pilot program.

pop117

Jan 12, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
2171, 2175, 2282
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone attending to warsaw, poland session? Have you guys received the 2nd email confirmation?

danimrb

Oct 15, 2016
I have the same question for this upcoming session in Warsaw:) I only received an automatic e-mail response for my submitting and nothing after that...

pop117

Jan 12, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
2171, 2175, 2282
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
danimrb said:
I have the same question for this upcoming session in Warsaw:) I only received an automatic e-mail response for my submitting and nothing after that...
Will you be coming from abroad or from warsaw?

jjleigh

Sep 9, 2016
Hello All,

I am currently looking into this programme, but have not found enough info. I understand that you do not need an LMIA. However, The employer that offers you the job must be designated by one of the Atlantic provinces. Does anyone have any idea how the designation works...and what steps come after?...it seems a little too easy.

I am currently on a PGWP and I am considering moving to one of these provinces to make use of this opportunity. Just not clear what my employer would have to do.

pop117

Jan 12, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
2171, 2175, 2282
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jjleigh said:
Hello All,

I am currently looking into this programme, but have not found enough info. I understand that you do not need an LMIA. However, The employer that offers you the job must be designated by one of the Atlantic provinces. Does anyone have any idea how the designation works...and what steps come after?...it seems a little too easy.

I am currently on a PGWP and I am considering moving to one of these provinces to make use of this opportunity. Just not clear what my employer would have to do.
If you want to learn more about the program you might want to attend one of their sessions http://livinginnb.ca that will be held at

1. Warsaw, Poland - New Brunswick province will come as stated in their schedule however, the two sessions are already closed

The Canadian Province of New Brunswick will be in Warsaw, Poland promoting the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Project.

We will be presenting on the following:

Pilot project criteria;
New Brunswick employment opportunities and priority sectors;
Immigration pathways to Atlantic Canada, and;
The high quality of life Atlantic Canada offers potential newcomers.
This is step one of our Pilot promotion process.
We may be coming back to Poland in March 2017 with employers who will conduct interviews with high skilled candidates matching their employment needs.
Those applicants who receive job offers may be eligible to apply for permanent residency through the Pilot (or another Provincial immigration stream).
All individuals interested in pursuing future immigration opportunities to Atlantic Canada should begin preparing before our March return:
Language exams, i.e. IELTS General Training
Educational credential assessment (ECA)
Proof of work experience
Sufficient liquid settlement funds

2. Manila, Philippines - New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island will come as stated in their schedule however, only 3 sessions are open and only for Filipino citizens living in the Philippines or abroad

The Atlantic Canadian Provinces of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island will be in Manila promoting the soon to launch Atlantic Immigration Pilot Project.

We will be presenting on the following:
Pilot project criteria;
Atlantic Canada employment opportunities and priority sectors;
Immigration pathways to Atlantic Canada, and;
The high quality of life Atlantic Canada offers potential newcomers.
This is step one of our Pilot promotion process.
We will be coming back to the Philippines in April 2017 with employers who will conduct interviews with high skilled candidates matching their employment needs.
Those applicants who receive job offers may be eligible to apply for permanent residency through the Pilot (or another Provincial immigration stream).
All individuals interested in pursuing future immigration opportunities to Atlantic Canada should begin preparing before our April return:
Language exams, i.e. IELTS General Training
Educational credential assessment (ECA)
Proof of work experience
Sufficient liquid settlement funds

There is no information yet on which NOCs or jobs that will be open as it will depends on the employers coming on March 2017 and April 2017

Reactions: ihsamkhan

danimrb

Oct 15, 2016
pop117 said:
Will you be coming from abroad or from warsaw?
I do not live in Poland :) Do you think these sessions are only open for residents of Poland?

1. Warsaw, Poland - New Brunswick province will come as stated in their schedule however, the two sessions are already closed

Where it is stated that the two sessions in Warsaw are already closed?

pop117

Jan 12, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
2171, 2175, 2282
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
danimrb said:
I do not live in Poland :) Do you think these sessions are only open for residents of Poland?

Where it is stated that the two sessions in Warsaw are already closed?
The form is no longer available for anyone who wish to sign up

pop117

Jan 12, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
2171, 2175, 2282
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
danimrb said:
I do not live in Poland :) Do you think these sessions are only open for residents of Poland
It didn't mentioned from the website that the warsaw is only for Poland citizens. So you might have the chance if you've signed up already.

Haven't heard anything from them yet?

In Manila, we have yet to receive

danimrb

Oct 15, 2016
Yeah, I've already signed up but I haven't yet received second mail for attending. Still wait and we will see...

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FYI

https://workingin-events.com/canada/#s=1

Although not directly specified as part of the AIPP, the confluence of the four provinces in the event looks more as organized under AIPP directions.

.../atb

racer06

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anybody from the PH/Manila who attended the first few sessions for this? last session will be today at 2pm. I just heard it lasted for 2hours.