+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC agent said pr approved by immigration officer, but it is not finalized yet

rifo94

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
I have called IRCC on October 2 and 7th and both agents have confirmed that immigration officer has made a final decision and PR approved, however, she said the next step will be your file needs to be closed and your COPR will be issued. It is good news that I have been approved for PR, however, why the file is not closed yet? I am CEC class bio exempt.
Anyone in a similar situation?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have called IRCC on October 2 and 7th and both agents have confirmed that immigration officer has made a final decision and PR approved, however, she said the next step will be your file needs to be closed and your COPR will be issued. It is good news that I have been approved for PR, however, why the file is not closed yet? I am CEC class bio exempt.
Anyone in a similar situation?
Just part of the process. Yes you have been approved but someone needs to issue the COPR and virtual landing if you are in Canada.

rifo94

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Just part of the process. Yes you have been approved but someone needs to issue the COPR and virtual landing if you are in Canada.
Did the same think happened to you as well? And do you know how long usually takes? I have been waiting since Oct 2.