Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hello. I would like some input into my situation and any help would be greatly appreciated!

I want to sponsor my spouse from Iraq and there are some question I'm trying to find answers to. We have been married for less than a year, but I assure you our marriage is genuine. I am currently in Canada and I am a Canadian citizen. We want to fastest way possible for him to be here with me in Canada because I need to start university as soon as possible.

1. Is it better for us to apply for sponsorship here in Canada or should we apply in Amman?

2. Should we hire a lawyer or is it not worth the money? We could do our applications ourselves but having a lawyer do them would be more accurate and a lot better. I am also worried that if we don't have a cover letter or anything from a lawyer, they will delay the PR more than the 20 months processing time.

3. Would it be possible to apply for sponsorship for my husband and then bring him into Canada as a visitor until the PR is complete? If that is possible and he eventually got his permanent residence, would he have to go back to Amman to recieve or can it be sent to us here in Canada?

4. Would it be better for him to come into Canada as a visitor and then apply for permanent residence? I asked a lawyer this question and he said that he will most likely be denied permanent residence if we do that.

5. If I apply for sponsorship in Canada, would I be able to leave Canada and come back in during the application process?

Any input on what would be best for us would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

sariss

Jan 18, 2011
Collingwood Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2012
AOR Received.
August 22, 2012
File Transfer...
August 22, 2012
Med's Done....
April 4, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 10, 2012
LANDED..........
December 12, 2012
I'll try my best here.
1. I only really know about Outland sponsorship (ie from outside of Canada). The Amman office looks like it takes about 21 months to complete the application.
I BELIEVE that in order to apply inland (within Canada), he would have to have a temporary resident visa. I think they are a little hard to get, especially if they believe that your husband will not leave if ordered to. But I think someone else with more knowledge can clear that one up.

2. It depends on how straight forward your case is. What do you have in regards to proof showing your relationship is genuine?

3. This would be tricky. When it comes to this type of situation, most PR applicants who require a visa to enter this country are denied said VISA. An application in process does not mean they will be approved. Your spouse would have to show SIGNIFICANT ties to back home (job, etc) to be considered, and even then I hear it is very rare. Because of this, most applicants wait in their home country during the process.

4. See above. Are you sure the lawyer said that he will most likely be denied PR? Most likely being denied a visa is more accurate.

5. You as the sponsor can come and go as they please. He, however has to stay in Canada.

athraa.abb

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
File Transfer...
20-12-2013
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2013; Second Meds Done: 30-11-2014
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
sariss said:
I'll try my best here.
1. I only really know about Outland sponsorship (ie from outside of Canada). The Amman office looks like it takes about 21 months to complete the application.
I BELIEVE that in order to apply inland (within Canada), he would have to have a temporary resident visa. I think they are a little hard to get, especially if they believe that your husband will not leave if ordered to. But I think someone else with more knowledge can clear that one up.

2. It depends on how straight forward your case is. What do you have in regards to proof showing your relationship is genuine?

3. This would be tricky. When it comes to this type of situation, most PR applicants who require a visa to enter this country are denied said VISA. An application in process does not mean they will be approved. Your spouse would have to show SIGNIFICANT ties to back home (job, etc) to be considered, and even then I hear it is very rare. Because of this, most applicants wait in their home country during the process.

4. See above. Are you sure the lawyer said that he will most likely be denied PR? Most likely being denied a visa is more accurate.

5. You as the sponsor can come and go as they please. He, however has to stay in Canada.
If we say that he has ties back home, would he be given a visitor visa? He is currently in the Iraqi army. When I told my lawyer this and asked him if it would be possible to bring him as a visitor and then start the sponsorship process, he told me that he would most likely be denied PR because he has already said he has ties back home. But from what I am reading on this forum from other people's stories, many people came and decided to remain in Canada and applied for PR.

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 28 2011 / July 29, 2013
Hello Athraa.abb

I myself am currently sponsoring my wife from Iraq and I can tell you it is far from quick (check out the Amman channel, lots of people there with advise).

to answer your questions
1. You have to apply from here because as the previous post mentioned he doesnt have any status in Canada.

2. I personally got a lawyer, but for the solo purpose of eliminating any errors that may occur. If your case is very straight forward, I would suggest doing it on your own. You did mention however that your husband was/is in the army, which is one of the things they ask for in the application and could cause you some delay. Usually people hire a lawyer if they have complications with their application, such as adopted children, health conditions and so on. A lawyer in this case can help you appeal your case if denied.

3. I myself have asked about applying for visitor visa while the PR application was is processing. I was advised by even my lawyer against it. A PR application proves that you have intent to stay in Canada, while when applying for a Visit visa you have to prove intent to leave once your time is up, so you see it is very hard to get one ( especially for Iraqis ).

4. As the post above suggests, he will not be denied his PR application, but more likely his Visit visa will be

5. Yes, you can still travel freely, while you undergoing an application. But can not leave to live there until your application is done. Keep in mind you have to prove ( to an extent ) that you can support your spouse for a while when he gets to Canada, which will be hard to prove if you dont live here.

Talk you your lawyer about a work visa ... see if that is a viable way ( again I dont know much about it )

Best of luck to you with this endeavor

athraa.abb

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
File Transfer...
20-12-2013
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
CKnD said:
Hello Athraa.abb

I myself am currently sponsoring my wife from Iraq and I can tell you it is far from quick (check out the Amman channel, lots of people there with advise).

to answer your questions
1. You have to apply from here because as the previous post mentioned he doesnt have any status in Canada.

2. I personally got a lawyer, but for the solo purpose of eliminating any errors that may occur. If your case is very straight forward, I would suggest doing it on your own. You did mention however that your husband was/is in the army, which is one of the things they ask for in the application and could cause you some delay. Usually people hire a lawyer if they have complications with their application, such as adopted children, health conditions and so on. A lawyer in this case can help you appeal your case if denied.

3. I myself have asked about applying for visitor visa while the PR application was is processing. I was advised by even my lawyer against it. A PR application proves that you have intent to stay in Canada, while when applying for a Visit visa you have to prove intent to leave once your time is up, so you see it is very hard to get one ( especially for Iraqis ).

4. As the post above suggests, he will not be denied his PR application, but more likely his Visit visa will be

5. Yes, you can still travel freely, while you undergoing an application. But can not leave to live there until your application is done. Keep in mind you have to prove ( to an extent ) that you can support your spouse for a while when he gets to Canada, which will be hard to prove if you dont live here.

Talk you your lawyer about a work visa ... see if that is a viable way ( again I dont know much about it )

Best of luck to you with this endeavor
They ask if he's in the military on the sponsorship application? How could that cause delays?
My lawyer told me that he will denied the work visa also, didn't say why though.

My lawyer encouraged the visitor visa idea because he said he would most likely get that. He said that if we say that he wants to come visit me (his wife) for Eid or for Christmas or something, and we prove that he has ties back home that will make him leave at the end of his stay, they will give him the visitor visa. We could use other proof as the ties back home instead of saying he's in the army if that would cause difficulties.

Then, when he gets into Canada as a visitor, we could begin our sponsorship applications and we could get him an open work permit then because he would be under AIP, right? Or we could just extend his visitor visa and send in the AOR along with the extension request? Wouldn't that work?

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
I didn't mean it would cause delay, but it is something they have to look into. Usually straight forward applications are ones with no children, no travel history, no military involvement, so on. The more you have on there the more you have to prove.

Visit visa for Eid, might work, and extending it is a possibility, but going the work visa route I think would be better. Sending the AoR with extension request, could cause refusal ... again " intent to stay Vs. intent to leave "

athraa.abb

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
File Transfer...
20-12-2013
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
CKnD said:
I didn't mean it would cause delay, but it is something they have to look into. Usually straight forward applications are ones with no children, no travel history, no military involvement, so on. The more you have on there the more you have to prove.

Visit visa for Eid, might work, and extending it is a possibility, but going the work visa route I think would be better. Sending the AoR with extension request, could cause refusal ... again " intent to stay Vs. intent to leave "
I don't really understand. We still haven't sent in any applications or done anything at all, we've just been looking on more information on the best way to go through with this.
I don't think he would be able to get a work visa though because he hasn't completed high school and doesn't have any diploma or certificate or degree or anything that would get him work. Is there any way to get a work permit without him having proper education?

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Depends on the type of work .. I know in Alberta, there is a strong demand for labour, with llittle to no educational requirements.
So yes it is still very possiable

do you have a marriage certificate from Iraq ?

athraa.abb

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
File Transfer...
20-12-2013
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
CKnD said:
Depends on the type of work .. I know in Alberta, there is a strong demand for labour, with llittle to no educational requirements.
So yes it is still very possiable

do you have a marriage certificate from Iraq ?
That's good, I live in Alberta. So how would it work if he were to get a permit for little to no educational requirements? What kind of work permit is that?

Yes, we do have a marriage certificate from Iraq.

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
There is plenty of work in Northern Alberta, Talk to recruitment agency

Goto :

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/amman-spousal-since-january-2012-or-late-2010-t94810.0.html

The Amman channel is fun of people in the same situation as you, and might have more information then me

athraa.abb

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
File Transfer...
20-12-2013
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
CKnD said:
There is plenty of work in Northern Alberta, Talk to recruitment agency

Goto :

The Amman channel is fun of people in the same situation as you, and might have more information then me
Okay, thank you.

Btw, I can't reply to your personal message, not sure why..