+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS Guide for ECA (Name Difference) - IOBM SSUET KARACHI PAKISTAN

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015
IQAS website says

The institution that issued your credentials must send your official transcripts / statement of marks (or attested/certified true copies) for all years of study directly to the IQAS office. This is necessary so IQAS can validate that your credentials are authentic.

Here in this thread - it says we need to get the sealed envelop from the uni (SSUET in my case), while IQAS website says the uni needs to send it directly to IQAS - can anyone please clarify this?

TIA.
I personally did not send via Univs...and mentioned to IQAS that my univ does not send credentials, though they can only provide copies in sealed envelops..i also stated IQAS can contact to my univs in this regard...

enzali

Jan 30, 2018
I personally did not send via Univs...and mentioned to IQAS that my univ does not send credentials, though they can only provide copies in sealed envelops..i also stated IQAS can contact to my univs in this regard...
And IQAS did not have any problem with that? What was the outcome of your assesment?

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015
And IQAS did not have any problem with that? What was the outcome of your assesment?
That time they did not have..almost 7 months ago...no idea about present...are they accepting or not...i got evaluation after 25 days...

ahson.usman

Jun 22, 2016
Assalam-u-Alaikum all,

Good to see that our countrymen are actively assisting newbies with their questions. I have some quick questions on ECA from IQAS, though I have thoroughly read IQAS website.

I have completed MBA from Iqra University (Main Campus, Karachi) in 2010. It took 2 calendar years to complete but it was actually only 48 credit hours program as I had previously completed 4-years BBA (Hons.) degree from a different university.

1. If i proceed ECA from IQAS, should I expect that my MBA would qualify for equivalency to a Master's degree in Canada. I heard that instead IQAS might give equivalency to a Canadian Bachelor's degree - is that true?

2. How does it sound if I send along my 4-years BBA (Hons.) degree and transcript as support documents but request an assessment only for MBA?

3. The IQAS website says that official transcripts are to be sent to IQAS directly from the issuing institution and not by the applicant. Whereas, from what folks on this thread mentioned, it appears that it is also acceptable if I get official transcripts in a sealed envelope from each university for MBA and BBA(Hons.) and then dispatch a complete package myself to IQAS along with application form, degrees and other requisite documents? This is certainly the convenient approach even from IQAS perspective - not sure if I should proceed that way.

Would really appreciate your thoughts and feedback.

Last edited:

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015
Assalam-u-Alaikum all,

Good to see that our countrymen are actively assisting newbies with their questions. I have some quick questions on ECA from IQAS, though I have thoroughly read IQAS website.

I have completed MBA from Iqra University (Main Campus, Karachi) in 2010. It took 2 calendar years to complete but it was actually only 48 credit hours program as I had previously completed 4-years BBA (Hons.) degree from a different university.

1. If i proceed ECA from IQAS, should I expect that my MBA would qualify for equivalency to a Master's degree in Canada. I heard that instead IQAS might give equivalency to a Canadian Bachelor's degree - is that true?

2. How does it sound if I send along my 4-years BBA (Hons.) degree and transcript as support documents but request an assessment only for MBA?

3. The IQAS website says that official transcripts are to be sent to IQAS directly from the issuing institution and not by the applicant. Whereas, from what folks on this thread mentioned, it appears that it is also acceptable if I get official transcripts in a sealed envelope from each university for MBA and BBA(Hons.) and then dispatch a complete package myself to IQAS along with application form, degrees and other requisite documents? This is certainly the convenient approach even from IQAS perspective - not sure if I should proceed that way.

Would really appreciate your thoughts and feedback.
u should sned both of ur degrees..they normally check academic years in same discipline...and there is nor harm if u send all ur degress..i think your equivalency is masters Canada...

ahson.usman

Jun 22, 2016
u should sned both of ur degrees..they normally check academic years in same discipline...and there is nor harm if u send all ur degress..i think your equivalency is masters Canada...
Thanks. I will definitely send both Bachelors and Masters degrees but the question was if I should mark only the MBA for ECA. This might reduce their processing time as there will be only one degree and university to work on.

I understand you wanted to say that there is no harm in sending all documents including the sealed envelope from each university as a complete (single) package myself. Please correct me if you meant otherwise.

EnigmaPK

Aug 9, 2017
Hello amurtaza,

Can you please share the detailed procedure for sending the sealed envelope via Punjab University Lahore? Which documents did you send to IQAS? Is it must to send colored photocopies or black and white copies will serve the purpose? Lastly, please share the time taken by IQAS to issue the ECA in your case.

Regards

Hi Hira,

Finally, a good news, I figured a way to get my transcript and mark sheets verified by PU, Lahore. Not just that, PU will also courier the sealed envelopes to IQAS.

Before I proceed further would like to clarify few things, thank you in advance for all your help.

Question 1. I will be sending following envelopes to IQAS, please confirm if this will be fine for ECA?

Envelope 1:
1. Bachelor of Computer Science - 4 Years (Verified photocopy of the transcript will be sent to IQAS in a sealed envelope by University of the Punjab, Lahore.)

Envelope 2:
1. Bachelor of Arts - 2 Years (Verified photocopy of mark sheet will be sent to IQAS in a sealed envelope by University of the Punjab, Lahore)
2. Bachelor of Law (LLB) - 3 Years (Verified photocopies of 3 years mark sheets will be sent to IQAS in a sealed envelope by University of the Punjab, Lahore)

Envelope 3:
1. Photocopy of Degrees for BSCS, BA and LLB (These photocopies and will not be verified or attested from anywhere).
2. Certificate of Matric and Intermediate (These photocopies will not be verified or attested from anywhere).
3. A coloured copy of the first page of my passport

Question 2. I read following on CIC website and it confused me, should I send verified copies of my metric and intermediate certificates from relevant boards and get ECA for metric and intermediate as well?

"Depending on your case, you may want to have both your secondary and post-secondary credentials assessed, and not just your highest completed foreign credential. You will not get any points for your foreign education under the CRS in Express Entry or be eligible under the FSWP if the result on your ECA report does not match at least one of the results in the conversion table."

amurtaza

Oct 19, 2017
Hello amurtaza,

Can you please share the detailed procedure for sending the sealed envelope via Punjab University Lahore? Which documents did you send to IQAS? Is it must to send colored photocopies or black and white copies will serve the purpose? Lastly, please share the time taken by IQAS to issue the ECA in your case.

Regards
There are two separate ways if you studied in one of the departments in PU as a regular student, and if you studied as a private student or through an affiliated college, the procedure is slightly different for both. If you can confirm your department and degree, I will provide you with the relevant information.

You don't need to send colour copies of your documents, I just sent the black and white copies, I am still waiting for my AOR email, I sent two packages, first one was delivered on 15th Jan 2018 and the second one was delivered on 20th Jan 2018. I called IQAS last week to inquire about the status of my ECA, they told me that they are opening the documents received in Dec 2017 and I shall expect the AOR in 2-3 weeks. I also enquired about the processing time, she told me that IQAS processing time will start after I will receive my AOR.

I went to IQAS for a particular reason that WES might not evaluate L.L.B as the first professional degree, secondly, I am not in a hurry, why don't you get your ECA done through WES, what is your reason to get your ECA done through IQAS?

EnigmaPK

Aug 9, 2017
@amurtaza; Actually I want to get ECA for my spouse. She has done masters from PU affiliated college as regular student and i have already got her transcripts and verification letter from PU. Would like to know what steps are required from here.

I am opting for IQAS as my wife's Cambridge equivalency certificate is not available. Is there any other scenario that can help in this case... If IQAS is considering processing time after AOR then it will take a lot of time. Around 4 months i think.

There are two separate ways if you studied in one of the departments in PU as a regular student, and if you studied as a private student or through an affiliated college, the procedure is slightly different for both. If you can confirm your department and degree, I will provide you with the relevant information.

You don't need to send colour copies of your documents, I just sent the black and white copies, I am still waiting for my AOR email, I sent two packages, first one was delivered on 15th Jan 2018 and the second one was delivered on 20th Jan 2018. I called IQAS last week to inquire about the status of my ECA, they told me that they are opening the documents received in Dec 2017 and I shall expect the AOR in 2-3 weeks. I also enquired about the processing time, she told me that IQAS processing time will start after I will receive my AOR.

I went to IQAS for a particular reason that WES might not evaluate L.L.B as the first professional degree, secondly, I am not in a hurry, why don't you get your ECA done through WES, what is your reason to get your ECA done through IQAS?

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015
Thanks. I will definitely send both Bachelors and Masters degrees but the question was if I should mark only the MBA for ECA. This might reduce their processing time as there will be only one degree and university to work on.

I understand you wanted to say that there is no harm in sending all documents including the sealed envelope from each university as a complete (single) package myself. Please correct me if you meant otherwise.
No ...Plz dont make your hypothesis about their processing time..they ll take the timeline what they ve mentioned on site..

fahadshah284

Aug 29, 2014
Riyadh
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018 SINP OID
Doc's Request.
28-08-2018 POF, intend to settle, Dependent Birth Docs Translation, Resident IDs
Nomination.....
10-10-2018
Hello,

Send them by yourself from any courier service, write the sender name Examination Department SSUET. No one checks the shipment details, believe or not!!
All required docs must be signed, attested by SSUET, sealed in the envelope!

Regards,

EnigmaPK

Aug 9, 2017
Hello,

I need input on below points regarding the online application for IQAS ECA.
1. While entering education details in online form, should i enter only the details of credentials for which i need ECA or complete education history needs to stated? The section says:
"List all schools, colleges, institutes and universities attended, starting with the most recent"

2. Under "Name of Institution" should i enter the degree awarding institute or the affiliated college that I attended?

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015
Hello,

1. While entering education details in online form, should i enter only the details of credentials for which i need ECA or complete education history needs to stated? The section says:
"List all schools, colleges, institutes and universities attended, starting with the most recent"

2. Under "Name of Institution" should i enter the degree awarding institute or the affiliated college that I attended?
1, All history
2, affiliated college..

fahadshah284

Aug 29, 2014
Riyadh
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018 SINP OID
Doc's Request.
28-08-2018 POF, intend to settle, Dependent Birth Docs Translation, Resident IDs
Nomination.....
10-10-2018
Hello,

From Matric (SSC I&II-Final), Inter (FSC/HSSC I&II-Final), University Degree (Bachelors/Masters/PhD.) - All details

Name of institute which is mention on Degree/certificate

EnigmaPK

Aug 9, 2017
Thank you for the reply.
If i mention the degree awarding institute for Bachelors and Masters then to keep the symmetry i should mention Cambridge for O levels instead of my school. Please confirm.

Hello,

From Matric (SSC I&II-Final), Inter (FSC/HSSC I&II-Final), University Degree (Bachelors/Masters/PhD.) - All details

Name of institute which is mention on Degree/certificate