+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS Guide for ECA (Name Difference) - IOBM SSUET KARACHI PAKISTAN

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
Hello everyone!
I have initiated the process of ECA of my wife's qualifications(B.Sc & MBA)(Lahore School of Economics) with IQAS. I have dispatched all the documents and the envelope containing the attested documents from her University(in a separate envelope sealed by the University) as one package through FedEx.
The documents and timeline is as follows:-

Documents Verified though Lahore School of Economics:- (Separate Envelope Sealed by the University)
1. BSc(Honours) Degree - 3 Years
2. BSc(Honours) Transcript.
3. MBA Degree - 1 Year
4. MBA Transcript
5. 02 Document Request forms filled and signed my wife and by the university. (IQAS Reference Numbers mentioned on both)

Additional Documents included:-
1. IQAS Application Form.
2. IQAS Checklist. ( I mentioned in the Additional Comments Section that the envelope containing the verified documents from the university are enclosed with this package)
3. BSc(Honours) Degree - 3 Years (Colored Copy)
4. BSc(Honours) Transcript.(Colored Copy)
5. MBA Degree - 1 Year(Colored Copy)
6. MBA Transcript (Colored Copy)
7. Copy of Passport and NADRA ID Card
8. Copy of Marriage Certificate (Change of Name Evidence)

Timeline :
30-July-2017 Online Application Completed. (Payment Made through Credit Card)
31-July-2017 Documents Dispatched from Lahore through FedEx (Cost Rupees 3250/-)
02-August-2017 Documents Delivered at IQAS Front Desk (FedEx Confirmation)

I would appreciate if someone could comment whether her qualifications would be assessed equivalent to Master or Bachelors? I am still waiting for the confirmation Email from IQAS. From the posts here I believe IQAS will take time to send a confirmation Email. I hope that I have included all the documents as mentioned. I will update here, for everyone's reference, once I get a confirmation Email. Thanks
Here you can get an estimate idea of how IQAS will evaluate your credential:

https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-education-guide-pakistan.aspx

Master’s degree (1 or 2-year program) (In combination with the preceding bachelor's degree) Generally compares to the completion of a four-year Bachelor’s degree.
Master of Education (1-year program) Bachelor of Education degree (1-year program) 1 year [In combination with 1-year BEd] Generally compares to the completion of a four-year Bachelor’s degree with a focus in xxx and education.

It appears to be equivalent to completion of a four-year Bachelor's degree.

Reactions: rhmalik

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
Hello everyone!
I have initiated the process of ECA of my wife's qualifications(B.Sc & MBA)(Lahore School of Economics) with IQAS. I have dispatched all the documents and the envelope containing the attested documents from her University(in a separate envelope sealed by the University) as one package through FedEx.
The documents and timeline is as follows:-

Documents Verified though Lahore School of Economics:- (Separate Envelope Sealed by the University)
1. BSc(Honours) Degree - 3 Years
2. BSc(Honours) Transcript.
3. MBA Degree - 1 Year
4. MBA Transcript
5. 02 Document Request forms filled and signed my wife and by the university. (IQAS Reference Numbers mentioned on both)

Additional Documents included:-
1. IQAS Application Form.
2. IQAS Checklist. ( I mentioned in the Additional Comments Section that the envelope containing the verified documents from the university are enclosed with this package)
3. BSc(Honours) Degree - 3 Years (Colored Copy)
4. BSc(Honours) Transcript.(Colored Copy)
5. MBA Degree - 1 Year(Colored Copy)
6. MBA Transcript (Colored Copy)
7. Copy of Passport and NADRA ID Card
8. Copy of Marriage Certificate (Change of Name Evidence)

Timeline :
30-July-2017 Online Application Completed. (Payment Made through Credit Card)
31-July-2017 Documents Dispatched from Lahore through FedEx (Cost Rupees 3250/-)
02-August-2017 Documents Delivered at IQAS Front Desk (FedEx Confirmation)

I would appreciate if someone could comment whether her qualifications would be assessed equivalent to Master or Bachelors? I am still waiting for the confirmation Email from IQAS. From the posts here I believe IQAS will take time to send a confirmation Email. I hope that I have included all the documents as mentioned. I will update here, for everyone's reference, once I get a confirmation Email. Thanks

IQAS Recommendations: Traditional MBA: Generally compares to the completion of a four-year Bachelor’s degree with a focus in business administration (when assessed separately) or with a focus International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS), Government of Alberta Page 73 of 97 in xxx and business administration (when combined with a 2-year Bachelor (Pass) degree). Upgraded MBA: Generally compares to the completion of a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree. Note to assessors: The four-year (or three-and-a-half-year) MBA following 14 years of education may be assessed in combination with preceding credentials. Executive MBA (around 66-72 credits): Generally compares to the completion of a fouryear Bachelor’s degree with a focus in business administration (when assessed separately) or with a focus in xxx and business administration (when combined with a 2- year Bachelor (Pass) degree). Executive MBA (around 30-36 credits): Generally compares to the completion of a threeyear Bachelor’s degree with a focus in business administration (when assessed separately) or with a focus in xxx and business administration (when combined with a 2- year Bachelor (Pass) degree). Executive MBA (other than the above, e.g. length or credits unknown): Assessed on a case by case basis.

rhmalik

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pakistan
IQAS Recommendations: Traditional MBA: Generally compares to the completion of a four-year Bachelor’s degree with a focus in business administration (when assessed separately) or with a focus International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS), Government of Alberta Page 73 of 97 in xxx and business administration (when combined with a 2-year Bachelor (Pass) degree). Upgraded MBA: Generally compares to the completion of a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree. Note to assessors: The four-year (or three-and-a-half-year) MBA following 14 years of education may be assessed in combination with preceding credentials. Executive MBA (around 66-72 credits): Generally compares to the completion of a fouryear Bachelor’s degree with a focus in business administration (when assessed separately) or with a focus in xxx and business administration (when combined with a 2- year Bachelor (Pass) degree). Executive MBA (around 30-36 credits): Generally compares to the completion of a threeyear Bachelor’s degree with a focus in business administration (when assessed separately) or with a focus in xxx and business administration (when combined with a 2- year Bachelor (Pass) degree). Executive MBA (other than the above, e.g. length or credits unknown): Assessed on a case by case basis.
Thanks for the help and sharing the document hirasalam!. Although it appears that my wife's MBA falls under Traditional MBA, which is not very promising since we are really looking forward to getting a Masters Equivalency from IQAS to claim points above 460 in the CRS. However, I would still keep my fingers crossed since the University claims that these two qualifications are assessed equivalent to MBA.

Anyhow I would appreciate if someone with similar qualifications could share their experience with IQAS. We are really sweating to get a CRS score of more than 460. Once again, thanks for the help and a thumbs up for you!

Reactions: hirasalam

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
Thanks for the help and sharing the document hirasalam!. Although it appears that my wife's MBA falls under Traditional MBA, which is not very promising since we are really looking forward to getting a Masters Equivalency from IQAS to claim points above 460 in the CRS. However, I would still keep my fingers crossed since the University claims that these two qualifications are assessed equivalent to MBA.

Anyhow I would appreciate if someone with similar qualifications could share their experience with IQAS. We are really sweating to get a CRS score of more than 460. Once again, thanks for the help and a thumbs up for you!
Anytime. Best of luck. May you get the desired CRS.

Reactions: rhmalik

Shamroze

May 24, 2017
I got the second confirmation email from IQAS on 21st of June 2017 , still waiting after that , any idea how much time is IQAS taking these days

IOBM BBA 4 Year
IOBM MBA 1 Year

sweetsalt

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
I got the second confirmation email from IQAS on 21st of June 2017 , still waiting after that , any idea how much time is IQAS taking these days

IOBM BBA 4 Year
IOBM MBA 1 Year

One Year MBA is equivalent to One year PD diploma. MBA has to be 1.5 Years to 2 years after 4 Years bachelors to be deemed as a Masters Degree.

Acid

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017

IOBM BBA 4 Year
IOBM MBA 1 Year
I received the second email on 22nd of June and still waiting. It's been 47 calendar days and 32 business days. They have even crossed their 30 business days timeline.

Very frustrating.

EnigmaPK

Aug 9, 2017
Has anyone got ECA for Lahore School of Economics MBA for Professional degree? What was the assessment outcome?

falcon22

Aug 9, 2017
I received the closed envelope from SSUET but it does not has any stamp. Also, there is no address of IQAS mentioned on it. I am not in Pakistan and a family member completed the process. It seems to be a standard A4 envelope with university address on it. Is it fine or something is missed like address or a stamp.

sweetsalt

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
I received the closed envelope from SSUET but it does not has any stamp. Also, there is no address of IQAS mentioned on it. I am not in Pakistan and a family member completed the process. It seems to be a standard A4 envelope with university address on it. Is it fine or something is missed like address or a stamp.
I believe stamp is the must

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015
Stamp and recipient address must be provided by university ...

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015

IOBM BBA 4 Year
IOBM MBA 1 Year
ECA assessment is provided on the basis of nos of academic years.. if you have 16 years education then they would award 4 years bachelors equivalent to canada...it is infact what they offer after 16 years education...however you ve completed 2 years bachelors and 2 years masters...in my case i had 2 masters 2 years each after 2 years bachelors then they awarded me masters degree equivalency....

rhmalik

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pakistan
Hello EnigmaPK,

I have initiated ECA for my wife's qualifications MBA and BSc from LSE. You can see my earlier post for the timeline. I am still waiting for the confirmation Email from IQAS regarding the documents delivery. I am looking forward to a Masters Degree Equivalence for my wife's qualifications. Have you initiated the process?
Has anyone got ECA for Lahore School of Economics MBA for Professional degree? What was the assessment outcome?

EnigmaPK

Aug 9, 2017
Hello EnigmaPK,

I have initiated ECA for my wife's qualifications MBA and BSc from LSE. You can see my earlier post for the timeline. I am still waiting for the confirmation Email from IQAS regarding the documents delivery. I am looking forward to a Masters Degree Equivalence for my wife's qualifications. Have you initiated the process?
Hello rhmalik,

Yes I got my ECA completed from WES recently. My MBA for Professionals degree (2.5 year program) was considered equivalent to Bachelor's degree in Canada. In total I have 18.5 years of education but still it wasn't considered as Masters. Wanted to check with other people if they have got the same evaluation or else and from which credential assessment body?