+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS ECA Report - Year Awarded Degree Wrong

d_sj

Jan 23, 2021
Hi guys

Today I downloaded my IQAS ECA report from fluctuating stage. Though IQAS provided me correct Canadian equivalency for both of my degrees (B.Tech + MBA) but for my B.Tech degree they mentioned Year Awarded 2013 instead of 2012.

Technically, I completed my degree in 2012 starting in 2008 but I was issued the degree in 2013. So, IQAS is not wrong since it got awarded in 2013 only.

Also in past, I have applied for the student visa (got rejected twice) and I have mentioned my B.Tech duration as 2008 to 2012 so now in my EE profile, I can’t change it to 2008 to 2013 even in personal history. As I will be uploading my rejections letters in my profile and this will mess up the timeline.

Shall reach out to IQAS and ask them to correct the year from 2013 to 2012? Will they correct it? Please guide.

pksajjads

Oct 22, 2014
I am facing the same issue. Date of issue on my duplicate degree is 2017 which IQAS has copied in the ECA report. My degree was completed in 2014 so, this year should be copied. I'm claiming points for experience as well as I started working right after completing my degree. Have sent revision request to IQAS but they won't change it. I have received ITA 2 months back. This issue needs to be addressed.

JagManJeet

Jan 18, 2016
I am facing the same issue. Date of issue on my duplicate degree is 2017 which IQAS has copied in the ECA report. My degree was completed in 2014 so, this year should be copied. I'm claiming points for experience as well as I started working right after completing my degree. Have sent revision request to IQAS but they won't change it. I have received ITA 2 months back. This issue needs to be addressed.

Is your issue resolved of year correction on report, please reply

pksajjads

Oct 22, 2014
Ok have u faced any issue while explaining this matter in LOE.
And why iqas not correcting it have they given justified reason?
I requested IQAS for correction but they said they only put the date mentioned as issue date. And in my case issue date for duplicate degree was mentioned on iqas. I have not explained it in LOE. I had applied for student visa back in 2016 with my original degree so I am hoping they have my old file from where they’ll confirm my completion date. Rest is yet to be seen as my application is yet to pass eligibility stage.

amitguha10

Jun 24, 2021
I am facing same the problem. So now u have any resolved this problem. how to change the year award? pls reply .......

pksajjads

Oct 22, 2014
I am facing same the problem. So now u have any resolved this problem. how to change the year award? pls, reply .......
I could not convince IQAS for correction on the year awarded. All you can do is explain the matter in LOE. and also attach any email communication you have had with IQAS on this matter.

amitguha10

Jun 24, 2021
I could not convince IQAS for correction on the year awarded. All you can do is explain the matter in LOE. and also attach any email communication you have had with IQAS on this matter.
Thanks for your reply. Could u pls send me the IQAS e-mail ? Bcs i didn't fine and e-mail ID in there page.