+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS ECA Assessment

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
Hi Hira,

I mailed them yesterday and got the following reply today morning via auto generated email.

'Thank you for applying to the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) for an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for immigration purposes. This is to confirm that your academic documents were received by the IQAS office and your file is now placed in line for processing.'

I had sent transcript along with other docs in a single package. Does this email confirm acknowledgement of all docs and next correspondence from IQAS will comprise of ECA report or I will be getting another AOR from their end post which assessing process will get initiated?
Yes, now you will receive soft copy of ECA report.

*Reni*

Oct 17, 2017
Hello All,

Need guidance.

I am about to send my application package to IQAS

I want my BE from VTU and MBA from SMU DE assessed, so planning to send my transcripts together personally. WOULD THAT BE OK?

Is it required to send the ACADEMIC REQUEST FORM enclosed within the sealed transcript envelope?
can I put it outside the sealed transcript envelope ?
Is it really necessary to send the ACADEMIC REQUEST FORM?
Hi Heman,
Could you send me the transcript form link and the list of required things to get the smude transcript delivered to your residential address?i've forever been emailing them but got no response so far....how do you plan to get the academic records request form filled from smude?Your response will clear a lot of doubts..
thanks

Snaina

Oct 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi,How many days IQAS normally takes to send confirmation e-main of receiving my documents?My documents were delivered via DHL to IQAS on 11/10/2017 but i have not got the confirnation mail yet from them.Can anyone share his/her experience?
My documents reached on 27th September. I got a confirmation from IQAS only yesterday on 25th October!! And the caveat is that they are not acknowledging the reciept of all transcripts yet, though one reached on 5th September and another on 26th September.

Have patience. IQAS is really testing it.

Snaina

Oct 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Apologies, As I was busy typing here, I got the AOR for transcripts as well. :D Now keeping fingers crossed that I get ECA before 30th Nov.

jeesh

Aug 26, 2017
Sri Lanka
Well your timeline is good, very good actually. Both my documents reached mid September. Just received AOR for transcripts last night.

I too am hoping can get ECA in Nov. Tough ask though judging by timeline of previous applicants.

Reactions: Snaina

Snaina

Oct 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Well your timeline is good, very good actually. Both my documents reached mid September. Just received AOR for transcripts last night.

I too am hoping can get ECA in Nov. Tough ask though judging by timeline of previous applicants.
Yes, I have been reading that people took 3 more months! Actually I made a mistake. Both of my degrees (undergrads and MBA) show equivalency as per their tenure in WES tool. Should have gone with them. But they have such a poor reputation here on the forum that I made a decision to go with IQAS.

Spouse, on the other hand, had only US grad degree to be assessed, for which we went with WES 2 days back. My guess is that both of our ECAs will come around the same time. :rolleyes:

Snaina

Oct 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
You can type in acrobat Reader, or manually. It's up to you. I typed it before printing the checklist.
Download the form and type it in computer or write manually post printing. Its one and the same.

Lu_carioca

Sep 10, 2017
Nomination.....
27-12-2017
Hi everyone,

I had my MBA evaluated by WES as a post-secondary certificate, instead of a Master´s Degree. My MBA lasted one year (405 hours) and I had a research paper to write in the end of the course. Did anyone have his/her one-year MBA evaluated as a Master´s degree by IQAS? I´m considering to go through this evaluation process again with IQAS this time. Can you please share your experience or advice?

Thanks!

jeesh

Aug 26, 2017
Sri Lanka
I too have opted for IQAS because WES wasnt evaluating mine.Downside is no online portal, no tracking mechanism and i guess the time taken to process application. My wife and i both applied-she via WES, me on IQAS. She already got her ECA early October, and i just got my second AOR. So there will be at least a 1-2 month difference.

zaybu

Aug 5, 2017
Hello Hira and Every One,

I sent my doc to IQAS on 18th Oct and delivered on 23rd Oct. I have still not received document receipt email from IQAS. Do you know how much time they take for the acknowledge of the documents ? Also can any one share the email address from where they received acknowledge from IQAS.

jeesh

Aug 26, 2017
Sri Lanka
I sent 6th of Sept, documents reached around 12th Sept, transcripts reached around Mid Sept.

First email from them was 16th Oct, second to confirm transcripts was 25th Oct. So you technically you are looking at a month and a half at least.

I guess even if documents reach, they wont open it until a later stage when previous applications are completed.

You could try reaching out to LBR.Immigration-Info@gov.ab.ca

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
Hello Hira and Every One,

I sent my doc to IQAS on 18th Oct and delivered on 23rd Oct. I have still not received document receipt email from IQAS. Do you know how much time they take for the acknowledge of the documents ? Also can any one share the email address from where they received acknowledge from IQAS.
Give them ~4 weeks to acknowledge.
LBR.Immigration-Info@gov.ab.ca is the email from which acknowledgement and ECA soft copy was received.