+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IP2

Mat_M

Mar 28, 2017
I got AoR 13 days ago, and today my medical was passed and my background check status went from not applicable to "We are processing your background check. We will contact you if we need further information". I have read on the web that this status means you are in IP2. Does this mean I am in IP2 and never had the IP1? My review of eligibility has not been completed yet.

garyastudent

Sep 3, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got AoR 13 days ago, and today my medical was passed and my background check status went from not applicable to "We are processing your background check. We will contact you if we need further information". I have read on the web that this status means you are in IP2. Does this mean I am in IP2 and never had the IP1? My review of eligibility has not been completed yet.

This is IP1.....

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Yes, I guess so but I read on some other websites that this specific message means IP2. Thank you anyways!
IP1 and IP2 can have same wording. Best way to know at what stage you are would be by you sharing your stream and timeline in details. Review of eligibility status will never change till you get your passport stamped.

Mat_M

Mar 28, 2017
IP1 and IP2 can have same wording. Best way to know at what stage you are would be by you sharing your stream and timeline in details. Review of eligibility status will never change till you get your passport stamped.
My stream is FSW outland, AoR Aug 8, medical passed Aug 21, background check changed from not applicable to "We are processing your background check. We will contact you if we need further information" Aug 21

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
My stream is FSW outland, AoR Aug 8, medical passed Aug 21, background check changed from not applicable to "We are processing your background check. We will contact you if we need further information" Aug 21
Ok. Thats IP1

Ashdeep12

Feb 14, 2017
Hi,
I received AOR in October2017 and submitted all docs by Nov2017. Got reply from CIC in December that they need a Police clearance certificate,which I submitted last week i.e. Jan2017.
Which stage am I in currently? IP1 or IP2?
I can't check my account as it's ebing handled by an immigration agent.

StevieFray

Jan 26, 2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
Well from my experience, that is IP2. IP1 normally states "Your application is being processed. We will let you know when we start your background check." or something like that. I never even saw not applicable. I went from IP1 to IP2 and PPR on the same day. Given that you are FSW Outland, that may very well be IP2 because they process files very quickly.

I used this as a guideline:

Some useful info about what happens after e-APR submission. Copied this from some other group.

AOR – NA1 (status of background right after aor) – MEP – IP1 – NA2 – IP2 – NA3 – PPR – CoPR

AOR: This is a letter you will get within 24 hours after submission of your PR application.

NA1: “Not applicable“. This will be your BG status message as soon as you submit and get AOR. Typically, this will be status till the time you get your medical passed status.

MEP: “You passed the medical exam“. This will generally happen after approx 25-30 days after your AOR. For PNP applicants it can take more time generally.

IP1: This will happen one or two days after your medical. Sometimes on the same day itself. BG status message in this stage will be “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”. CIC agents will do R10, criminality checks during this stage. Once they feel everything is good then they will change it to NA. These things will happen at CIO Office (Centralized Intake Office).

NA2: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP1 is completed. Sometimes IP1 will take few hours and if we have not checked our account during the time it was in IP1, it won’t be possible to know that we are in NA1 or NA2. Our file will be transferred to CPC (Case Processing Center) where agents will do eligibility assessments. If they feel everything is okay, then they will provide their recommendation to Visa Officer and same time they will initiate Security Checks.

IP2: BG status message in this stage will be “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information.“. Visa Officer starts reviewing or after reviewing all agents recommendations. On the same day, PPR request will be triggered if the applicant paid RPRF up front. These things will be done at CPC office.

NA3: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP2 is completed. This status is not visible is many cases and direct PPR request is placed from IP2.

PPR: Passport Request. You will get an email for that and you may not get an update in your CIC account for this.

ADR: Sometimes an additional document is requested in IP1 or IP2 stage. An email, as well as message in your CIC account, will be sent.

BG: Not Applicable (NA1)

Medical passed – (MEP)

BG: In Progress (IP1) – R10 check is done here.

BG: Not Applicable (NA2) – Eligibility check is done here.

BG: In Progress (IP2) –

BG: Not Applicable (NA3) – Sometimes this doesn’t come

PPR: Passport Request

CoPR: Confirmation of Permanent Residence

Krystine

Dec 12, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
Hello everyone,

I just checked my status thru automated message at CIC call center and here is what I got today.

Application status:
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility:
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results:
You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents:
We do not need additional document
Interview:
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics:
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check:
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Does it mean I am in IP2 stage at this moment? Being IP2 means there was no missing documents in my app, I believe. Is this true?

Last edited: