App. Filed.......
19/05/2010
AOR Received.
08/07/2010
File Transfer...
22/06/2010
Med's Done....
05/07/2010
do you think they do? That would be kind of cool if they gave secret advice...

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jillandmat said:
IOs or Visa office staff have enough work load to handle the routine processing of applications. I don't think they are going through various discussion forums to know what people are talking about. However, no one is required to disclose their identity in this forum.

kwabena kwabena

Star Member
May 26, 2010
jillandmat said:
I think they come here and are on other forums alot, but it doesnt mean anything, as i trust them to do their job to their best ability but it is sad to have your life in someone's hands like that, I feel you Jill.

Some of them too are immigration consultant and also retired IOs

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
jillandmat said:
If there are any currently employed visa officers who take the time to frequent this (or any other forum), I doubt very much that they would be giving advice of any sort - especially helpful advice. From what I can see, officers who assess PR applications are not interested in doing anything to help a foreign national gain status in Canada. Now, it's possible they "lurk" to see whether they can identify anybody whose case they're assessing but, if they did, you can be sure it wouldn't be so they could do anything to "help" that person. But I doubt even that happens. I think when they get home from work the last thing they want to think about is immigrants. They don't hold us in very high regard to begin with - they certainly wouldn't want to spend their "off" hours reading about us and our concerns.

abumawada

Star Member
May 3, 2010
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abudhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
22-4-2010
File Transfer...
4-5-2010
Interview........
24-11-2010
Passport Req..
01-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-1-2011
LANDED..........
on 31-1-2011
well i don't think so if they visit this forum also it is something risky for Applicants after all every one is seeking info and just sharing time lines and so on.

Cdagal

Jul 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-2010
File Transfer...
09-08-2010
Med's Done....
23-04-2010
Interview........
11-11-2010
Passport Req..
11-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
02-03-2011
Well, if they did check, maybe they would get a realistic view of how difficult this process is on this side. How is that for proof of relationship, listening to us complain about missing our spouses, for months and years at a time...

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Good point, cdagal!

I think even if they did, it's doubtful they would be able to exactly pinpoint which person goes with which case, etc. Most people just give some general information.. most don't have their real names, nobody has their full name that I know of, etc.

addntox

Star Member
Apr 23, 2010
If an officer made a decision on what they THINK you posted on an internet forum a judge would over turn that so fast the IO's eyes would spin. Burdon of proof there rests on CIC to prove the person posting on the forum is you. I doubt you'd have to worry about that. I'd think CSIS probabaly have a mandate to monitor sites like this for potential security issues. Its well known security agencies monitor sites related to government issues.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
addntox said:
If an officer made a decision on what they THINK you posted on an internet forum a judge would over turn that so fast the IO's eyes would spin. Burdon of proof there rests on CIC to prove the person posting on the forum is you. I doubt you'd have to worry about that. I'd think CSIS probabaly have a mandate to monitor sites like this for potential security issues. Its well known security agencies monitor sites related to government issues.
Yeah, and you know how long it would take for that decision to finally get to a Judge? Once an application is refused, it's at least a year - maybe two - before you get your appeal hearing. You may think the visa officer has to justify the refusal when s/he makes it, but they don't. Nobody even reviews it! They can pull something out of the IRPA and misapply it to your situation and that's it - case closed. They don't even have to prove that what they claim about you or your situation is actually true in order to render a refusal. It gets overturned on appeal, but you go through hell in the meantime.

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
That's what I hate most about the process.. that literally only one person gets to decide if your life is put on hold or ruined!

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
I think I made mine a little obvious. ::)

If they do check, which I doubt they do or would care to, what is there to hide? We asked each other questions that pertained to our applications and seeked out help (which is certainly no crime as there are many immigration lawyers and counselers and information online) and consoled each other during a difficult process. Unless you come on here saying "my name is so-and-so and I lied about my application, I hope they don't catch me" I'm sure it's a complete non-issue.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Yeah, even if some visa officers did check out this site, they wouldn't learn anything bad. No one is asking how to make his/her fake marriage look real - or at least if they do, no one is giving them answers. Visa officers would certainly find a lot of cases where the wait has been unconscionable, but where the partners appear to be in a loving, genuine relationship. Maybe they'd take pity on us and vow to do better in the future - but I doubt it.

canadaireland

Jul 1, 2010
on a related note.. im a bartender in scotland and i met a tourist from canada who is a retired immigration officer... she had a bit of chat with me and gave me some advice on my application for sponsoring my boyfriend..she was really nice

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
canadaireland said:
on a related note.. im a bartender in scotland and i met a tourist from canada who is a retired immigration officer... she had a bit of chat with me and gave me some advice on my application for sponsoring my boyfriend..she was really nice
Ooooh! Please tell us what she advised!
Thanks in advance.

addntox

Star Member
Apr 23, 2010
RobsLuv said:
Yeah, and you know how long it would take for that decision to finally get to a Judge? Once an application is refused, it's at least a year - maybe two - before you get your appeal hearing. You may think the visa officer has to justify the refusal when s/he makes it, but they don't. Nobody even reviews it! They can pull something out of the IRPA and misapply it to your situation and that's it - case closed. They don't even have to prove that what they claim about you or your situation is actually true in order to render a refusal. It gets overturned on appeal, but you go through hell in the meantime.
don't get me wrong I completly agree with you, but it wouldn't hold up at an appeal or a full hearing unless they could prove conclusivly it was you. Unfortunatly because of the IRPA officers have a little too much power at that stage and can make your life he'll. Just knowing of your case from what I know of it, your inadmissibilty shouldve been HR consideration and waived. But for some reason they really put you through it. Mine took 5 years and whilst it didn't get denied they sure made us pay..and wait and wait and wait