+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inviting Sister to Canada for Visit Please Help

karansb

Feb 24, 2017
Hello, i am inviting my 23yr old sister to canada for a visit for 4-5 weeks break since she is off from her work for summer break. She has few proposals and she wants to check out whats life like in canada before she make any decisions. My question is should we stick to visiting elder sister and touring canada or can we put both reasons.

Me and my husband submitting following documents.
- Husbands job letter,
- bank statement of joint account of $9000
- both notice of assessment
- 2 pay stubs
- Both Passport photo copies
- My Pr card photocopy
- marriage certificate
- child birth certificate
- Travel insurance
- Return Flight ticket

My sisters documents are as followed
- Job letter
- Ba certificates
- Ma certificates
- Grade 10-12 certificates
- Bank statement of $5000
- Invitation Letter
- Both parents are back and we will showing a doctors letter regarding she has to be back to take care of her mom.
- Purpose of trip (sight seeing, Bc, Banff, Lake Louis)

please help if what could we add to make this case stronger. Thank You

karansb

Feb 24, 2017
karansb said:
Hello, i am inviting my 23yr old sister to canada for a visit for 4-5 weeks break since she is off from her work for summer break. She has few proposals and she wants to check out whats life like in canada before she make any decisions. My question is should we stick to visiting elder sister and touring canada or can we put both reasons.

Note - Since she was busy with her studies she never got chance to travel, no travel history.

- Husbands job letter,
- 2 pay stubs
- My Pr card photocopy
- marriage certificate
- Travel insurance
- Return Flight ticket

- Job letter
- Ba certificates
- Ma certificates
- Invitation Letter
- Both parents are back and we will showing a doctors letter regarding she has to be back to take care of her mom.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
karansb said:
She has few proposals and she wants to check out whats life like in canada before she make any decisions.
Job proposals? She has a work permit? Is she coming to work? How did she get those? What happens if she decides she likes Canada and wants to take those proposals in Canada?

karansb said:
My question is should we stick to visiting elder sister and touring canada or can we put both reasons.
You should not be modifying your purpose in order to have "better chances". That is consider an offense and might result in a visit ban.

karansb said:
- Husbands job letter,
- 2 pay stubs
- My Pr card photocopy
- marriage certificate
- Travel insurance
- Return Flight ticket
This is secondary. And for secondary documentation it is way too much.

karansb said:
- Job letter For Canada? LMIA? Work Permit?
- Ba certificates
- Ma certificates
- Bank statement of $5000 All of this points that she comes here to look for a job, and to survive until she can get one.
- Invitation Letter
- Both parents are back and we will showing a doctors letter regarding she has to be back to take care of her mom. She has ot go back but is willing to leave for 5 weeks? doesn't add up
- Purpose of trip (sight seeing, Bc, Banff, Lake Louis) So much money, so many papers, and her purpose is sight seeing?
Seems kind of a weak application.

karansb

Feb 24, 2017
Jalex23 said:
Job proposals? She has a work permit? Is she coming to work? How did she get those? What happens if she decides she likes Canada and wants to take those proposals in Canada?

You should not be modifying your purpose in order to have "better chances". That is consider an offense and might result in a visit ban.

This is secondary. And for secondary documentation it is way too much.

Seems kind of a weak application.
Hello, sorry forgot to mention. It's Marriage Proposal and again she would not be staying here or getting married here, she just wants to visit and see what's life like in Canada.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
She has few marriage proposals?

nehamerchant

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Karansb
1. Do not mention proposal/marriage intention in that case they will say :stay at home get married and then apply under proper category i.e spousal sponsorship.
2. your documentation are over and above for visitor visa but it may have good effect
3. Are you giving proof of relationship between you and your sister, don't forget that.
Share the outcome for the benefit of house
Good Luck

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
karansb said:

- Husbands job letter,
- 2 pay stubs
- My Pr card photocopy
- marriage certificate
- Travel insurance
- Return Flight ticket

- Job letter
- Ba certificates
- Ma certificates
- Invitation Letter

For your sister, don't mention marriage proposal situation, ask for family visit/tourism.
No need of BA/Grade 10-12 certificates that would be totally unnecessary.
Provide her birth certificate and yours to prove relationship.
If she is currently in a job, get a No objection letter from her employer.
Book refundable hotels in Banff, make a trip itinerary.
Your invitation letter must be convincing and authentic. I provided all the information in tabular format along with invitation letter so that VO can get all the info with a quick look at the table.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I agree with Jalex23: She has a weak application.

IMO, she should work hard to present her ties to her home country properly. Her only tie is her employment. However, 4-5 weeks time-off work indicates weak employment ties. Also, merely including a doctor's certificate for your parents will not make that a tie.

riasat.abir is right: Do not include her certificates, or it may seem like she is visiting to look for a job

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
bellaluna said:
Perfectly possible in some cultures.
Bryanna might know better, but it weakens the application.

I would find it hard to buy that she is not coming here to marry (evaluate proposals) and stay here until "her PR application finishes".

Also, I find it fishy. If she is coming to evaluate marriage proposals, why is she bringing so many certificates? That sounds to me like paperwork for finding a job.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Jalex23 said:
Bryanna might know better, but it weakens the application.
Some Asian cultures have marriage proposals/arranged marriages. However, as you've rightly said, this would weaken her application.

The OP must think way ahead/not short-term (Read: TRV app). Based on the OP's post: Her sister has a few marriage proposals, but she wants to visit to check out life in Canada before she makes a marriage decision.... instead of getting to know someone better before getting married. Just my two cents.

So if she decides to marry a Canadian guy then her spousal sponsorship application must not seem like: Visited Canada >> Liked someone >> Returned to her home country/remained in Canada to get married >> Applied for PR..... this may not seem like a genuine marriage/would indicate that her sister only wants to immigrate to Canada