+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation to Test a Product with IRCC

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has received an email to Test a product with IRCC. You have to be physically present in Ottawa on 08 and 09 November.

*Just wondering if anyone else has received this? Can't tell if this is real (or a hoax).

Thanks for your replies.

Reactions: firstax

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has received an email to Test a product with IRCC. You have to be physically present in Ottawa on 08 and 09 November.

*Just wondering if anyone else has received this? Can't tell if this is real (or a hoax).

Thanks for your replies.
What email did it come from. Without knowing the email address or the contents it'll be difficult to say if it's real or not.
Did they refer to you with your name and client number or application number?
If you can post the contents with personal information redacted so we can know.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other

Thanks for your replies.

I got two of these b4 once the email comes from a cic.gc.ca domain then you know its real, I also got a twitter private notification from them once, they do this at times just make sure to verify the domains etc you will be fine, also may not be selected cause I never was even thought I said say three times lol

Reactions: firstax

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
I got two of these b4 once the email comes from a cic.gc.ca domain then you know its real, I also got a twitter private notification from them once, they do this at times just make sure to verify the domains etc you will be fine, also may not be selected cause I never was even thought I said say three times lol
Hi. Without giving any personal details, what did they want to test ?

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018

Thanks for your replies.
That sounds interesting. Now why didn't I get one? I'm in Ottawa! :D
Out of curiosity, what do they want to test (without disclosing confidential information of course)?

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here are the details. Looks real but could be fake.

IRCC.CEUsability-UtilisabiliteEC.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Hello,

We are currently booking sessions with Permanent Residents in-person in Canada, on November 8th and 9th. Please read the details bellow before booking a testing session.

Participation details:

· You need to be physically present in Ottawa and able to meet at 235 Queen Street

· Sessions will take 45 minutes

· Sessions will be conducted in English

· You will be compensated $45 CAD for the 45 minutes you spend with us, as well as an additional $30 CAD for the time it takes you to travel to meet us; Compensation will be in the form of an Amazon Canada prepaid electronic card.

· Participation in this session is voluntary and anonymous, and will not impact any current or future applications with IRCC

* Please click on the link below to book a session.

Once you’ve booked, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to find our office.

You are receiving this email because you have indicated your interest in testing a new product with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to help improve services.

Thank you!

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Government of Canada

Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada / Gouvernement du Canada

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016

Hello,

We are currently booking sessions with Permanent Residents in-person in Canada, on November 8th and 9th. Please read the details bellow before booking a testing session.

Participation details:

· You need to be physically present in Ottawa and able to meet at 235 Queen Street

· You will be compensated $45 CAD for the 45 minutes you spend with us, as well as an additional $30 CAD for the time it takes you to travel to meet us; Compensation will be in the form of an Amazon Canada prepaid electronic card.

· Participation in this session is voluntary and anonymous, and will not impact any current or future applications with IRCC

Once you’ve booked, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to find our office.

You are receiving this email because you have indicated your interest in testing a new product with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to help improve services.

Thank you!

Go for it its legit and u have to do some usability testing of their system, for the session you will be compensated. Always these sessions are anonymous to avoid any bias. A random participants sample is chosen based upon criteria like demographics. So all good! Be open and fair and honest in your opinions during testing to help them solidify their system.

iceman55

May 1, 2022

Hello,

Participation details:

Thank you!

My guess is they'll discuss about quality of life for PRs in Canada like housing availability, ease of getting jobs etc.

But it says "test a product" and you're awaitign oath ceremony. So may be e-certificate type thing? Not sure. But since the address is a government building, it has to be legit as well as the email domain.

Shahadat ali

Sep 12, 2022
Bangladesh
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Job seekers
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
7/9/2023
Doc's Request.
13/9/22
Nomination.....
13/9/22
AOR Received.
13/9/22
IELTS Request
Invitation to test a product with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
On email refers to have a file ircc?

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
IRCC has a UX team. so, highly possible it was some sort of usability testing for one of their product journeys.