+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation exercises-the invitations in 2023 Arrima

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
I think that the reason behind the stop in the draws is the application of the new reforms in french language... They posted today the new that NCLC 7 for speaking and listening is going to be mandatory for the next draw. Maybe we will see a draw next week. But again, the reforms are about the principal applicant, it doesn't say anything about spouses yet.

https://www.quebec.ca/nouvelles/actualites/details/connaissance-francais-critere-essentiel-invitations-arrima-48778
I believe you have VJO outside montreal area, is it?

betterbetter

Star Member
Feb 6, 2023
People who hold a validated job offer outside the territory of the Montreal Metropolitan Community (CMM) may be invited to submit an application for permanent selection without having to declare their level of knowledge of French.

Many people with VJO outside the mntreal area shal still be invited. They will be required to enroll and participate in MIFI funded french courses
The people whith the VJO outside the Montreal area, they will be invited in the next draw, this is more clear described.
But the question here is the French competence will be a criteria in the phase of CSQ application , or applicants who achieve a certain score (without spouse 50 / with spouse 59) will be eligible for selection and their CSQ will be 100% approved ?

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
I believe you have VJO outside montreal area, is it?
I do not actually. But thanks to the IELTS and the TCF exam I'm calculating around 676 points with the autoevaluation tool. Considering that and the fact that my NOC is an IT NOC, I should be drawn in the next draw. But the problem is that I had NCLC 6 in the writing part in the TCF and I was worried that they will not consider me for the next draw just because of that.

All official communications talk only about the oral part, and I got NCLC 9 in listening and NCLC 7 in speaking, so I really hope that those changes don't have a negative effect on my selection.

But being honest, I won't know until there is an actual draw.

Last edited:

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
The people whith the VJO outside the Montreal area, they will be invited in the next draw, this is more clear described.
But the question here is the French competence will be a criteria in the phase of CSQ application , or applicants who achieve a certain score (without spouse 50 / with spouse 59) will be eligible for selection and their CSQ will be 100% approved ?
Usually in each draw, these invitations were addressed to the persons meeting the following criterion:

1. Their occupation appears in the following list of the National Occupational Classification (NOC):
    • they had a score equal to or greater than XXX points.
  2. They had a valid job offer outside the territory of the Communauté métropolitaine de Montréal.

From this, it is clear that those with VJO outside Montreal will not be evaluated based on score. Their VJO is the main and only thing to make them qualified and they dont need anything else

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
I do not actually. But thanks to the IELTS and the TCF exam I'm calculating around 676 points with the autoevaluation tool. Considering that and the fact that my NOC is an IT NOC, I should be drawn in the next draw. But the problem is that I had NCLC 6 in the writing part in the TCF and I was worried that they will not consider me for the next draw just because of that.

All official communications talk only about the oral part, and I got NCLC 9 in listening and NCLC 7 in speaking, so I really hope that those changes don't have a negative effect on my selection.

MIFI only specified speaking and listening, so low score in written will have no impact unless a visa oficer call and evaluate the level of French (someone recently just mentioned that their CSQ application was rejected after an interview)

rahulgsr431

Jun 15, 2023
French is Mandatory for everyone, without French there is no such pathway for economic immigrants to settle in Quebec. Only 1 option for temporarily if you have valid job offer outside Montreal. Time has changed, more people will affect with this new political rules.
Big Question :
1. How can they implement this rule without a Law? - Draft regulation was posted on 7th June, 2023 (45 days decision period)
2. What about applicants with valid job offer inside Montreal?
It’s like no French no entry ….

betterbetter

Star Member
Feb 6, 2023
French is Mandatory for everyone, without French there is no such pathway for economic immigrants to settle in Quebec. Only 1 option for temporarily if you have valid job offer outside Montreal. Time has changed, more people will affect with this new political rules.
Big Question :
1. How can they implement this rule without a Law? - Draft regulation was posted on 7th June, 2023 (45 days decision period)

Is it inappropriate or illegal to modify the invitation rules although cover the previous rules while the old policy has not yet expired and the new policy is still in the public notice period?

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
Big Question :
I don't think it is a rule...
They just announced the criteria for next draws...
It's like when IRCC decided that FSW were trash and they just invited extemely low scores CECs for two years.
They just change the criteria for invitations, it is not actually a rule.

betterbetter

Star Member
Feb 6, 2023
Usually in each draw, these invitations were addressed to the persons meeting the following criterion:

1. Their occupation appears in the following list of the National Occupational Classification (NOC):
    • they had a score equal to or greater than XXX points.
  2. They had a valid job offer outside the territory of the Communauté métropolitaine de Montréal.

From this, it is clear that those with VJO outside Montreal will not be evaluated based on score. Their VJO is the main and only thing to make them qualified and they dont need anything else
But it is not described clearly about the change for the next phase, I mean CSQ application phase.
The French competence will be or not will be a criteria in the phase of CSQ application , otherwise applicants who achieve a certain score (without spouse 50 / with spouse 59) will be eligible for selection and their CSQ will be 100% approved as current rule.

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
But it is not described clearly about the change for the next phase, I mean CSQ application phase.
The French competence will be or not will be a criteria in the phase of CSQ application , otherwise applicants who achieve a certain score (without spouse 50 / with spouse 59) will be eligible for selection and their CSQ will be 100% approved as current rule.
If you receive invitation with VJO outside the Montreal and without the declaration of French language in Arrima, it is clear that MIFI is aware of your language situation and MIFI has chosen you based on your job. MIFI would never ask you to provide French related documents during the CSQ process.

During the CSQ process, you have to provide only the list of personalised documents that MIFI has sent to you. If French language is included in your list of personalised documet, then you have to provide it too.

avanoob0712

Nov 9, 2022
If you get invited (without declaring French score) and your application is submitted, I don't think they're going to ask for French level even after new rule is out because you already met the requirement at certain time and application fee is paid. Otherwise, it's going to feel like a scam.

Reactions: powereng1982

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
If you get invited (without declaring French score) and your application is submitted, I don't think they're going to ask for French level even after new rule is out because you already met the requirement at certain time and application fee is paid. Otherwise, it's going to feel like a scam.
Here is the excerpt from invitation letter that you receive.

"The Ministry of Immigration, Francisation and Integration is pleased to invite you to apply for permanent selection under the Program regular qualified workers ﴾PRTQ﴿ in order to continue your immigration procedures in Quebec. This invitation follows your declaration of interest that you have completed in Arrima. It is sent to you taking into account the information you have declared in your expression of interest and your ranking on the date XXX".

If you dont declared French, then you have already acknowledged MIFI.

rahulgsr431

Jun 15, 2023
I called MIFI to confirm if French is mandatory to get an invitation, they said it’s not mandatory yet. But having French will give you more chances to get invited.
If you don’t have French result in Arrima you will still get an invitation if you meet other conditions like Score, Job experience, job validation inside or outside montreal etc..,

vision2011

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012

Interesting, I think I will help you understand one thing about TCF Canada in Quebec, NCLC 6 in writing will have no impact on you. Only Speaking and Listening is more regarded in Quebec. And another thing to note here, Quebec does not calculate TCF Canada as the Federal Gov. If you have B2 in Quebec it is already NCLC 7 as far as your score is above 400 or 10. But in Fed, you end up with NCLC 6 if you score below 450+.

Cheers,

V.